Sunday, May 1, 2016

Alumni, RVA, & May Day

Where did April go? I was a little shocked to see it was May 1st today.

This past week has been filled with emotions, good and definitely bittersweet.

While it was filled with some big milestones I'm honestly glad that is over, it was overwhelming but really good at the same time. I think that it was overwhelming because it was really the first time that I had to look reality in the eye and accept that this chapter is coming to a close. And I'm starting to become okay with that. 

Classes are officially over, forever. Well forever until my family nagging me to go to graduate school finally wears me down. It was a good feeling to know that was the last time I would be in a classroom, weird but good. This coming week is finals, I've been in the library since 12:30 and I might be slightly delirious at this point in time.

I am officially an alum of Sigma Kappa, Delta Nu as of Friday afternoon. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better day. While it feels like my journey just started and it came to a close I wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone else.


Some of my very favorite Sigma Kappa memories.


Glad to know you'll miss me Lily.


G Bae



 Izzy made a visit to Farmville and as always it was oh so good. Love her too much. Thank you for coming Iz, it means more than you know!


We all woke up Saturday to overcast skies and Chipotle cravings. We pilled in my tiny car and headed to Richmond for the afternoon, stopping by my house to see my Grandpa and Gertrude. Somehow we ended up pulling weeds out of our flower beds? It was a really good afternoon showing some of my favorite people around and where I come from.


We ended up at karaoke that evening, in Farmville. It was an experience to say the least. 

In honor of May 1st. May Day.

It is so hard to believe that this way 4 years ago, it feels like yesterday. Missing my Lilac & Black ladies, as always.


'

 While I might be spending the next couple days living in the library I'll be day dreaming of being here.


Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment