Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Delta Nu: Thank You

I have put off writing this post for awhile now. 

I will become an alum of Sigma Kappa, Delta Nu in 48 hours. I have so many feelings about these past few years and so many things to say about Sigma Kappa, whenever I think about it coming to a close a tightness arrives in my chest and it honestly just makes me really sad. I'm sad that this chapter is ending but so happy that I was given this opportunity to have such an experience, I never thought that it would be my time to turn in my collegiate days.

I've been an active Sigma Kappa sister for 793 days, that is a lot of days. 

That is 5 semesters that consisted of 44 chapter meetings, 2 recruitments, 5 date parties, 10 visits to Wayland, 5 highway clean ups, 2 self defense classes, 5 Bricks & passdowns, and 4 Orders. And those days have been some of my very best days. 

When I came to Longwood from East Carolina I was a little lost, okay I was a lot lost. I went to a small high school, all girls at that. I wasn't particularly interested in Greek life when I came here because it was so overwhelming in Greenville. I've never so thankful to have gone through recuitment and to have found my home away from home. After recruitment I sat in the Landings overflow room with 24 other women who were complete strangers at the time, same people are what I now classify as my people. As cheesy as it sounds these women become your family and I found mine. They have been by my side during the highs and they have lifted me up during some of the lowest lows, for that I am forever thankful. You have taught me so many things including what it means to be apart of something so much bigger than yourself.

So thank you Delta Nu. 

Thank you for the late nights and early mornings, for the 40+ mile drives just around Farmville, for the Cookout rungs, the 7 a.m. Sunday morning Sheetz runs, the walks to class, the rides around frat circle, the best year living in club Stubbs, for always being a ride home, for giving me the best Little, for whatever you like Wednesdays, for being my extra closet x12, for the drives that were way too long to Keysville, for introducing me to the best roommate I could have ever asked for, for showing me that things that are truly important in life, and for giving me some of the very best friends.Thank you for the love, the laughter, and the memories that will forever hold a place in my heart. 

Cheers to the next chapter and as always, my Tapped Out 23.

xo, 
1027

_______________________________

They say that a picture says a thousand words, so here are all the words that I currently don't have and some of my very favorite memories.












































































p.s. shoutout to Ida, Frances, Mary, Helen, and Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment