Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The End of My Beginning

Longwood University & Farmville, Virginia.

Today was a big milestone, my undergraduate career came to a close at 3:30 after taking a quiz for a religion course that I could have taught much better than the professor. Thank you Saint Gertrude High School.

This campus and this little town will always hold a piece of my heart.

These past 3 and a half years I've spent here have been so much more than I could have ever imagined, literally. When I came here I was a little frazzled, ECU gave me a run for my money. I was ready for a small college town and I got so much more. 

I have so many feelings and so many things to say about my experience here and many things that I honestly just don't have words for. I've shed many tears in the past week and I can't really tell if they are sad or happy, or maybe both. But I can tell you one thing, in my 21 years these have been the very best yet.

A lot of things have changed over these past few years. I started out as a nursing major, where I quickly learned that needles and blood were not my thing. I switched to Biology where organic chemistry and I also didn't get along but I found my home on the 3rd floor of Ruffner with my Psychology department and the rest is history. 

I remember moving in my second semester Freshman year on a rainy Tuesday hoping that I had made the right decision. As this chapter in my life comes to a close I can say I wouldn't change a thing..not one single thing.

 43 classes, 3 dorms, 1 apartment, 3 majors, 7 semesters,1 amazing job, and hundreds of memories later.

So here I stand, done with college and I'm in kind of shock.

So thank you Longwood.

Thank you for some of my very best memories, for my forever friends, for the stressful weeks, for the even better Thursday/Friday/Saturday combos, for El Patron, for the amazing professors, and of course those awesome Farmville sunsets.

But most of all, thank you Dad. I wouldn't have made it without you. Thank you for paying $33.74 for each class that I attended and the few that slept through. Your support, constant encouragement, and ability to reassure me that everything will work out has made me who I am today. You've given me the world and I'm forever grateful, I know Mom would be pretty darn proud of us.

This isn't goodbye, it is a see ya later Longwood and cheers to Senior Week!













No comments:

Post a Comment