Day Four.
We woke up at 5:30 and sprinted out of our Airbnb to find the closest functioning Starbucks to get our necessary caffeine fix before we hoped on a tour bus with Extreme Ireland to trek to the western side of Ireland to see the Cliffs of Moher.
Group tours are no joke, while I think we can both say that we are glad we did the tour to see the Cliffs of Moher rather than trying to get there ourselves I can also say we won't be participating in another one. Our tour guide was amazing in a not so amazing type way, que the singing as soon as we stepped foot on the bus at 6:45 a.m. The singing also continued until we stepped foot off the bus at 7:30 p.m. Joey you were a great knowledgable tour guide but you also took an entire hour to tell us about a review saying you talked too much.
The Cliffs of Moher are something that I have grown up hearing about and I've seen thousands of pictures. It was definitely something that I wanted to see while here but I didn't realize what a difference it would be actually seeing them in person. I know that people say seeing things yourself is so much better but pictures truly don't do them justice.
We got extremely lucky weather wise, it was a somewhat drizzly day but once we got to Doolin the rain stopped and we had no fog. We've been told that if there was fog you wouldn't be able to see the cliffs at all so we were really fortunate. While it wasn't necessarily sunny with blue skies there were still no complaints. The wind on the other hand,I'm talking knock you over wind...it was insane.
| O'Brien's Castle at Cliffs of Moher |
People hike on both sections, there is a somewhat of a viewing station with a nice stable wall in the middle (exactly where I stayed). Heights and I don't dance, seeing these people standing on the edge and jumping down actually made my stomach hurt. My Aunt on the other hand faced her fears and hiked out to the very end, go Peg!
We had just around 2 hours at the actual Cliffs before heading into Doolin for a lunch break.
A few pictures from Doolin and the ride there. Sorry for the glare, most of these were taken from inside our bus.
I found that Ireland is full of cemeteries and farm animals.
After lunch we headed Corcomore Abbey which is located in The Burren in Co. Clare on the western side of Ireland.
The weather had really cleared up by then but the wind was still in full force, we had a lot of people that didn't even get off the bus towards the last few stops.
![]() |
| "Scoop the Poop" |
We were pretty happy to get off of that bus after 12+ hours with a tour group but we really enjoyed the day and are so happy with the weather turn out. Visiting the Cliffs of Moher is something that is a must do for anyone that comes to Ireland. I had someone tell me that is should be the 8th Wonder of the World before my trip and she was so right.
After returning to Dublin we were starving, we actually found a little Mexican restaurant in the Temple Bar area that had pretty good food and margaritas.
After dinner we stopped by Murphy's Ice Cream on the way home and it was as good as all it is talked up to be. I had half butterscotch and half Dingle sea salt, so so good yet very different from what we are used to.
Pub crawls and more Irish adventures to come!
xo

















Looks like you had a great day with us!! So glad you enjoyed the tour.
ReplyDelete