Sunday, March 17, 2013

Birthdays and Song Contest

This week was a short week.
I needed a short week.
I went home on Wednesday since my classes were cancelled for the rest of the week.
I got home Wednesday evening just in time for some dinner and a fire.

Thursday was a big day.
It was the first of my Mom's birthdays without her.
It was hard, harder than I expected but we made it special.
Caleb and I went and got three yellow balloons, her favorite color.
One for me, one for him, and one for America.
We all wrote a message to her and let them go in the backyard to fly to heaven.
I think it is definitely a tradition that we will continue. 


Friday was SONG CONTEST!
The biggest night of the year for Saint Gertrude people.
It was fabulous as always.
The best way I can explain it is:

It is a musical competition between all four classes. They put their own words related to school to popular songs along with hand motions.

You really have to experience it at least once to fully understand the concept.
I am a little biased and think it is just magical.
I mean we fill up the Landmark, it is a big deal!
It was such a strange feeling to be in the audience and not competing. 
Yet I still got butterflies when they announced the winners. 

All of the classes were so amazing.
The Seniors, Silver and Blue took first place and it was well deserved.
Along with the Sophomores, Pink and Gold taking second. 


Saturday was amazing weather.
In the 70s amazing.
my.kind.of.day

I'm back to school today.
Settled in and ready for another week.
Easter will be here before we know it.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment