I know that not everyone might be interested in this event in my life but it is something that I do want to remember forever so this is my place to store these memories!
I think that yesterday was the longest day I've ever endured. It was so great at the same time though. I know it was a long day for everyone involved in recruitment no matter what side you were so but we all made it.
I think that yesterday was the longest day I've ever endured. It was so great at the same time though. I know it was a long day for everyone involved in recruitment no matter what side you were so but we all made it.
We didn't finish up until around 11 o'clock. After going to all of the parties, one for each sorority with a break and dinner in between we went to pref afterwards. Basically it was choosing the bottom three that you didn't necessarily feel were you, you put those in numerical order, number one being your favorite out of those and number three being your last choice.
It was really the start to what I think will be a great experience that I will remember forever, even though my group of girls has only known each other for a day we are already starting to mesh. I guess when you spend thirteen hours with the same people it is bound to happen!
Each group has around ten girls with one recruitment counselor who has generously de-affiliated with her sorority to guide us through the process. Lets just say that I got pretty lucky with my RCs, technically I only have one (Amanda) but we have a "sister" group as well.
Amanda and Lindsey found out about my blog and insisted on their picture gracing it's pages.
_____
Day 2: Philanthropies
Today I really learned what I liked and could see myself in along with what sororities just weren't me. It was much less stressful than yesterday, I guess I somewhat knew what to expect and that set me at ease. I was invited back to five out of the six possible and was pretty happy with my options.
After going to all five parties and learning about the philanthropies that they hold we were able to go pref once again. Since there were six possibly choices, three were a yes and three were a no.
Tomorrow morning we head back to receive our schedule to go to ritual day. After going to those we then head back and receive our bids later in the day!!
I'm so excited and overwhelmed/exhausted at the same time.
Can't wait for tomorrow!





No comments:
Post a Comment