Monday, September 17, 2012

Its a long way to Richmond going North on 95

I went home this weekend and it was so good!!


It was exactly what I needed, going home is always so good for the soul. I needed to sleep in my own bed, eat a real meal (anything besides Subway), play with my dog, and most importantly see my family. Spending time with my family after being away for awhile grounds me again, brings me back to my roots. It pushes all the stresses in life aside reminding you of the things that really matter.

Friday afternoon after classes Elizabeth, Matt, and I packed up, bringing our friend Lia home! We left Greenville early afternoon and made it home by 4:30. We managed to surprise the Milton family(there were tears)!


We were actually pretty happy!

Lia

The excitement called for some fist pumping

 Saturday was a fairly lazy day. I spent the morning relaxing and cooking with Mimi. Later that afternoon I went over to my other Grandparent's, Nana and Papa. We went to dinner and church and it was good as always. I love getting the chance to spend time with them as I don't get opportunity often enough.


 Saturday night I got to see this boy!
Who I might add is almost unrecognizable due to his new interest in facial hair.


Sunday I got up early to take advantage of our short morning before I headed back to Greenville. I got to spend some good quality time with the Marchettis, whom I miss dearly. It was great to see them and have everyone home along with Miss America. 

I am back to the grind today enjoying my lack of homework due to the pile of exams I had last week. Another bonus being that I got groceries and Subway will not be in my future the next few days!

Happy Monday!!






No comments:

Post a Comment