Fall is finally starting to make its arrival here and I cannot tell you how excited I am about it! The older I have gotten the more I have started to enjoy September and October. I love seeing the trees change to reds, yellows, and oranges. I am sucker for a good homemade pumpkin pie, fire pit time, along with my pumpkin spice candles.
As I walked to class this morning and there was a briskness in the air and I soaked in every second. It is so nice to no longer have such a heavy haze in the air that always comes along with the summer months. By early August I tend to be getting sick of my summer clothes and am ready to move on. To top it off I stopped and picked up one of my first Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks at an early 7 a.m. which made my wake up call just a little bit better.
I can't wait to pull out my treasured Frye boots, jeans, along with my cozy sweaters! I am welcoming fall with open arms!
Today is also the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. It is a day that everyone remembers, down to what they were doing when they first heard the news to exactly where they were. Even though I was only in second grade I still remember the sadness and fear that went through our nation. All of the buses here at ECU have a flag along with 9/11/01 on the LCD screen. Everyone has a Facebook status or a tweet to show support for our country. It is a day where no matter where you live or where you are we come together as one to remember and show gratitude to all of the lives that were lost.





No comments:
Post a Comment