Monday, December 5, 2016

December: Life Lately

It is December 5th, literally it is December. 

Where has 2016 gone?? 

Someone said that they couldn't believe we graduated 6 months ago the other day, I couldn't grasp the fact that it actually has been 6 months. Time is flying and I have to remind myself to stop and enjoy the little things on occasions. It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and forget what it is truly about. I'm ready for my Dad to get home, he will be here a week from today. We will celebrate with the Johnston side early and then head home together for Christmas in Houston. I'm looking forward to a few weeks away and some warmer temperatures.

Christmas has arrived at 5102 this year and I must say I enjoy lounging on the couch a little more right now. Our Christmas decorations have been up since before Thanksgiving, I just like to think that we are extra festive around here.

Hannah and I might have made a trip out to my Grandpa's for some decorations, AKA cutting branches off his magnolia trees and random bushes. Thanks Poppie!

 

I made another trip up to Northern Virginia for work. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a huge Nova fan in the very beginning but it is growing on me, I finally somewhat know my way around my little area for work and it isn't so bad. 

Plus the views and the sunrises are a bonus perk even if I am only going 1 mph at 6:45 a.m.



Truluck had a birthday!! Happy 22nd Ash, I hope that it was fabulous!! Count your blessings that I used my best judgement for your picture collage.



Speaking of Truluck, I headed to Farmville for a quick 24 hour trip for Order and sendoff on Friday. I feel like my sendoff was last week but it was super special to be there for yours. Congratulations to all of our new alumni and welcome to the other side! When they say that this isn't just 4 years but it is for life, well they truly mean it! It only gets better from here on out!

It is always fun to go back to Farmville and pretend like I'm not an adult that has bills and responsibilities but I'm always tired until around Wednesday of the next week. This trip was oh so good and my heart is very very full, I got to see all of my favorite people, my family,  and of course eat a little El Patron. I don't miss the school work or the deadlines but I do miss having my favorite people in the same place and right across the road.



What can I say? It was a long week. 


4/25 Tapped Out 25


I miss this little town a lot, a lot more than I ever expected. There is something special about it and it will always have a little piece of my heart.


Izzy and I helped start Christmas baking last night and I never want to see a chocolate chip cookie again, we made probably close to 150-175 no exaggeration. I would much rather bake treats though than cook dinner so I'm not complaining.


But. 

I much prefer the homeade Chex Mix over the cookies any day. 


This might be an accurate description of how I felt and exactly how I looked this morning.


Cheers to Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment