This is my absolute favorite time of the year, I truly love Christmas time and there is something magical about it. My only complaint is how quickly it goes by, there is so much build up and then it is over but I live for driving around looking at the lights and making cookies. Those are some of my favorite memories of the holidays with my Mom and I love getting to continue them.
I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't been on top of my shopping....at all, I got all of my Richmond people done but I made my first purchase for my Dad today and it is December 22nd. I've always done my best work under a time crunch.
Lots of things have been going on around here, this time of year is always packed with fun things.
Izzy went home about a week ago to Virginia Beach for a few LuLaRoe pop-ups and came home with packages for all three of us. Christmas jammies for 5102 from Momma Folmer, thank you thank you! We have a lot of fun at our house and I've been making Jib Jabs of the three of us for the past 2 weeks, que Hannah pretending to be in a mariachi band below.
I found a box of pictures at my Grandparent's house that was my Moms, as I'm an only child lets just say that my younger years were documented very thoroughly. I might have 3 inch binders of my first 5+ years of life which hilarious commentary. Some of these were hilarious, note the afro and the strange lady trying to make me hold a baby.
Real talk right here.
I don't know if I have ever mentioned on here how amazing the food at Capital One is, well I'm spoiled and I don't spend a lot of time at Kroger anymore. Anyways, they have a bakery (yes we have a bakery at work) and it is equally as awesome. Hannah had a little dinner party this week and we got a "naked cake" made for it, I was super happy with how it turned out. Sadly my sweet tooth wasn't there to see if it tasted as good but everyone reported that it was great!
Mitch came to Richmond!! I love love love having my Dad come home and visit. He flew in on the 12th and stayed for the week to visit and spend time with my Poppie, it is always good to have him home. I feel like the older I get the harder it is to make everyone's schedule coordinate so it was nice to spend some time around my neck of the woods with him.
We have wonderful neighbors at my Grandparents, they actually bought their old house and treat us like their family. We are super blessed and they had us over for dinner the other night while we were still in town.
These two are my favorite boys but they give me a run for my money. I've learned many life lessons from them and they have taught me that good things only come from hard work, that I'm an easy target to pick on, and that I couldn't love anyone anymore. I'm so blessed and I love having them together at the same time.
We ended up strolling down Monument Ave this past weekend to look at lights. I'm embarrassed to say that I've lived in Richmond for 17 years and I've never done this, it did not disappoint. Everything was gorgeous and fabulous, we started somewhat of a game where we all guessed how much the houses that were for sale cost and ended up looking them up. One can dream, right?
Such a fun night with some of my very favorite people.
And I'm in Houston!
I'm so fortunate to have a job where I can really work from wherever I can connect to the internet which allowed me to come to Houston for Christmas. I flew home with my Dad on Monday and will be here through the first few days in January. Lets just say that this trip didn't get a smooth start.
I flew through Charlotte to Houston, I had a lay over that was supposed to be around 45 minutes which turned into 3 hours which turned into a cancelled flight which turned into me arriving to Houston around 3:30ish.
Rough night but I arrived in one piece a little sleep deprived.
This is what I get for eating Bojangles in an airport.
As soon as I arrived I had a package from one of my favorite families waiting for me. Ashley, Momma Crowe, and BSR spoil me rotten and I love them so! They know me well as the shirt below. Y'all are perfect and I sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have such amazing people in my life.
It has also been 75-80 degrees here, I love it. Literally the sunny and 75 that you dream about in late December. I could do this weather year around and I might have worn sandals for the past 3 days.
And tomorrow we are off to Waco!! #fixerupper #chip&jo









No comments:
Post a Comment