The "Holiday Season" has arrived and is officially in full swing. I feel like this time of year rolls around, I blink then it is January 10th and it is all over.
The holidays always sneak up and then they go by so quickly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love them but I would also be lying if I said that they weren't hard and that is just the truth. It is hard not having my Mom here, hard having my Dad 1,500 miles away, and this is the first year since our Mimi passed away. It just isn't the same but we make the most of it and it is typically still pretty wonderful. My Dad is actually coming to Richmond the 12th through the 19th of December and then I'll head home with him. I'll stay in Houston until January 4th and then head back to reality.
It will be nice to get home for a little while, I haven't been to Houston since last Christmas actually. With graduation activities, my trip to Ireland, and adult life I didn't get to make my typical summertime trip so it will be a nice little escape plus I always look forward to the warmer weather.
We plan on making a little trip to Waco while I'm home, I've actually never been and it is only around 2 hours NW of Houston. My family is a little obsessed with the show Fixer Upper along with Chip & Joanna Gaines. My Dad and I are going to make a day trip to the infamous silos and I'm pretty excited even thought I don't think my Dad feels the exact same way.
I actually just finished their book, The Magnolia Story and it was a really good read! Definitely recommend if you watch their show.
![]() |
| @joannagaines instagram |
Nova.
Oh how I love you and hate you at the exact same time. I've been going up to Tysons Corner for work on occasions recently as my team actually sits up there. If you know me well then you know I have the patience of a three year old, which is around 0. A trip that should take me 2 hours took me 4 and a half last trip, I might have decided to go to Nordstrom Rack instead of fighting it.
End of rant. I'm very thankful to have a job that I love with even better people.
I've been pretty nostalgic recently as so many amazing things have been going on at Longwood.
Good gosh I miss my time there. To think that this was a year ago blows my mind. Soak it up seniors, after Christmas it is 80 mph to graduation and there is no stopping.
Holly Spree.
Townley and I went to this fundraising yet wonderful even that Saint Gertrude puts on every year right before the holidays. I think that this was the 3rd or 4th year of doing it and it gets larger each year, there were over 40 vendors last night.
The put tarps down in our gym and fill it with goodies, they have a pre-sale with a bar on Friday and then it is open on Saturday to the general public. I'm embarrassed to say that I had never been before but it didn't disappoint, it was great to see some people that I honestly had seen since I graduated, lots of familiar faces. Warmed my heart and it felt like I had never left, a very special place.
It was a really fun evening with one of my favorite people.
Ashley Truluck. You read this on occasions, I think?
This was from forever ago but I found it when I switched phones. You never fail to make me laugh, everyone needs that friend that tells it like it is even when you don't want to hear it.
Speaking of Truluck, I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful/amazing/generous person in my life. You are amazing.
I actually spent Thanksgiving with Ashley and her family, who are equally as amazing. Thank you for welcoming me to your home (as always), treating my like one of your own (which I've decided I am), and loving me for who I am. You guys are the very best and I'm very thankful for you all!
And last but certainly not least Happy Birthday to my favorite person ever, my Aunt Peg!
You are amazing and I hope that you know how much I respect you. You've taught me many things in this world; that I am independent and can do whatever I set my mind to without the help of anyone else, to stop and enjoy the little things in life, and that every bad day is bad better with a latte.
I love you more than you know and I hope that you have had a wonderful day!
xo













No comments:
Post a Comment