Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Baby Washington & Carter's Mountain

I feel like I say this every single time I sit down to write a post but man does time fly. 

I literally cannot believe it is November 9th, where has 2016 gone?? 

Fall finally made it's arrival around here, we were still having days with 80 degree temperatures up until last week. I'm not really one to complain as winter and freezing temperatures just aren't my thing but I do love fall, sweaters, and a good cozy blanket. I've been traveling up to northern Virginia recently for work and I took the long way home last week for one of my favorite roads this time of year. 



I'm blonde now, not really.

Well this happened last week too. I was in desperate need of a haircut and took somewhat of a last minute plunge while I was in the chair. 

I've never ever colored my hair before in my entire life but I was ready for a little change. It has taken a little getting used to but I'm actually really liking it.


I headed to Charlottesville this past weekend and is was an amazing and much needed trip/re-charge.

Some of my very favorite people, Mario & Lauren are expecting a beautiful baby girl this January! We finally got the chance to spoil baby Quinn and Momma to be this weekend. 

Stephanie, our sorority sister and Lauren's soon to be sister-in-law and her very own Momma did an AMAZING job with Lauren's shower. It was perfect and very much a reflection of who she is, no detail was left undone and I think I can speak for everyone and say that we all had a blast. 

It was great to get to catch up with people that I do not get to see nearly often enough while celebrating my favorite baby girl!!








Stephanie, Katherine, and I stayed in Charlottesville for the rest of the weekend. As always it was so good to catch up, it is so hard to believe that just a little over a year ago we were all at Lauren's wedding

We ended up reliving Lauren's rehearsal dinner and heading back to our favorite place. No more words are needed, Guadalajara probably doesn't love us.


We woke up early Sunday morning, thank you daylight savings time and headed to Carter's Mountain which is around 5 minutes from Lauren's house. CM and always a must do fall activity if you ask me, I've gone at least once for years. The weather was perfect and it was an absolutely gorgeous day, we got there right as they opened and didn't have to wait for anything. 

It is a little past apple picking season but they had plenty to choose from that were already picked. I tend to stick to the apple cider and the donuts.






These pictures make my heart SO happy. I love these girls more than I can explain and my heart is so full. 




We might have drank at 9:00 a.m, this is a judgement free zone. 

Bold Rock's new Blood Orange, go try it!








I'm as sick of hearing people bitch about this election as you are, trust me. I'm also extremely honored that I was able to be apart of it. I'm honored to be an American and I'm honored to have had the opportunity to vote for a woman for the first time in history.

I was raised in an extremely conservative family and my morals/values typically align just right with the Republican party but things were a little different for me than they were in 2012. With that being said it didn't necessarily pan out the way many wanted but I think it is so important to remember we are not what party we align with, we are not red or blue, at the end of the day we are Americans. 

So think twice before you post a nasty comment on someone's social media, being kind doesn't cost a damn thing.


Happy Founder's Day to my very dear Sigma Kappa. 

Some of my very favorite memories, people, and accomplishments from college revolve around this wonderful organization. It truly is so much more than wearing your letters on Wednesday and your jumper on a Thursday. It is also so much more than 4 years, it is a bond for life. 

I sure hope that Ida, Elizabeth, Louise, Francis, & Mary had as much fun as we did.


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment