Wednesday, October 26, 2016

this & that

Well I blinked and it is October 26th. 

October is my absolute favorite month of the year but is always goes by way too fast. I guess that is one of the reasons I love it so much, it doesn't stick around long enough for you to get sick of it. I'm welcoming fires in the fireplace and smores with open arms by this time of the year.

Everyone always told me that time goes by so quickly once you are out school, they aren't joking. I can't believe it has almost been 6 months since graduation but a wonderful 6 months at that. 

________
 
Katie and I hit up the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago on Columbus Day.

We didn't purchase any pumpkins and that is about all I have to say about it. 


And I also got lost on the way home in a city I have lived in for 18 years.  Take my advice, don't get lost in Manchester.


Libby Hill Park. 

This has quickly become one of my favorite spots around town. 

You can take someone's breath away, with your killer views and your killer stairs. I do the stairs only to be rewarded by the view. 

We are overdue for a park date Marge.


The Johnston household is officially divided, sorry boys. 

I was raised in a super conservative family and honestly my personal views have always typically aligned there anyways, then Donald Trump occurred. I don't particularly think he is worth the time or my energy to try and convince you to not vote for him, do yourself a favor. I do think that it is your responsibility if you are going to vote to educate yourself, not only is it a responsibility it is an absolute privilege. 

Lets just say, I'm with her.


I went to Farmville last week, I actually drove down on Thursday and came home on Sunday afternoon for a little Octoberfest weekend visit.

I miss my people, I miss that little town, I miss being a college student, and most of all I miss El Patron. I wish you somehow knew what the "good old days" were before they became those days. It is the little things that you miss the most, it was nice to see some of the people I don't get to see often enough and laugh until my stomach hurt.

I'm still tired from this weekend, it is Wednesday. I feel old. 

Bulldog



6 / Tapped Out 25 23 + Esti




Thanks for having me, putting up with me, and laughing at my terrible jokes Truluck.  Still miss living with you so very much but it makes it even more fun to come back and have you sing "work from home" at 6 o'clock in the morning. 

I'll see ya soon!




How did this girl get married a year ago?

I literally feel like this was last weekend, one of my absolute hands down favorite weekends ever with some of my very favorite people. I could replay this beautiful weekend over and over, can't wait to see all of y'all in 2 weeks!

#washingtonpartyof3


Mitch. No I actually do call him Dad but gosh I miss this man.

 I've said it before but I have one AMAZING Dad, I've never met someone that goes above and beyond like him...even though he likes Donald Trump.

I miss seeing him and it makes me sad that he lives 1,500 miles away, I'm ready for the holidays to roll around these neck of the woods.

Thanks for always reminding me that none of us are perfect, including myself and that your dreams are just your future reality.



I finally got the rest of my furniture from my house to move in, along with that came my fall/winter clothes. I couldn't count the amount of blankets, scarves, sweaters, etc that my Mimi has made for our family over the years. 

I pulled out a sweater she made me during the Spring right before she passed away and this tag could make anyone smile. 


Happy Hump Day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment