Sunday, November 13, 2016

making wine great again

This week was crappy and that is saying it in the most polite way possible. 

I think everyone was shocked with the results of our election, myself included. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel a little naive as I honestly never thought that this outcome was a possibility but I also suppose things like that are what make our country so different. I took a few days to be sad, angry, and just plain pissed off but I've also tried my very best to be respectful and to move forward. So many people kept asking each other "what are we doing to do?". Well, you wake up, you get your coffee, and you go to work. That is just what we do, we are on this journey and we are on it together. It isn't red, it isn't blue, it isn't Republican, it isn't Democrat. We are Americans and for that I am very proud.
 _________

I had this past Friday off of work due to Veteran's Day and got most of my weekend to-do list items such as never ending laundry crossed off before Saturday arrived. 

After some spur of the moment decisions and gorgeous weather Natalie and I ended up in the car Saturday morning on 64 headed to Charlottesville. We ended up meeting Debbie and my favorite preggo, Lauren for Bodo's before we let Debbie show us around her town. 

We ended up at Trump Winery. 

I'm not necessarily proud BUT it was absolutely gorgeous. Plain and simple, this is God's country and that view is killer, I don't care who you voted for. 

Long story short, he has good wine and I don't even like wine. 





typical


But. 

Of course I had to get a little jab in. 


Cheers to Monday!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment