Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Life: September Edition

Happy Tuesday!! 

Things have been pretty slow pace around here the past few days and it has been amazing to say the least, more on this later!

 4 months after graduation and I'm finally starting to settle in around here. While I grew up in Richmond my entire life there is something different about it no longer living in the West End. I love RVA, always have and I'm really happy that I made the decision to stay. 

I sporadically decided to head over to Libby Hill Park last week and picked up one of my faves, Katie along the way. We made it just in time for sunset and I had forgotten what an amazing view of Richmond this little place has, a treasure for sure.


I headed to Farmville last week for a quick 18 hour trip. My gosh do I miss that place. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel like I was going back to school on my drive there. It was oh so good to see my people; we stayed up way too late, ate too much, laughed too hard, and my heart is so very full.

I stayed with Ash, my roommate from school and it reminded me how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. My favorite friends are the ones where you can go 8 weeks without seeing them but pick up right where you left it. It reminded me how much I miss living her but I'm so jealous of the amazing senior year she has ahead. Thanks for having me Truluck!


A trip to Farmville wouldn't be complete without a trip to Patron. I'm missed my people. 


This trip also meant getting up at 6:00 a.m. to head back to Richmond to get to work by 8 o'clock, hard but very worth it. I've seen many Farmville sunsets, they will forever have a place in my heart but I have to say I hope this is my first and last sunrise. 


Thursday after work Izzy and I packed up to head to Virginia Beach for LD Weekend. The weather was supposed to be nice when we planned this trip, obviously the weather changed but we decided to stick with it anyways. 

The majority of our weekend was spent doing activities such as below. I did not complain.


We headed down to the oceanfront one night after dinner once the storm had started to move out. The water was still pretty rough and the winds were super strong. Still a pretty view on a crappy day.


Izzy's neighbor/family friends recently brought a new pup home, Watson and he is absolutely adorable and makes me want one so bad. 

If you know me you know that I am a sucker for a puppy. I can't help myself and I have a past with those adoption centers that they set up outside of malls/Barnes and Nobles, they target people like me. 

I sent this picture to my Dad, "Meet the newest Johnston". He didn't find it funny. 


 Breakfast, how I love you. 

We went to Uncle Sam's which is an amazing hole in the wall breakfast spot near the oceanfront on Monday morning. 

The pancakes are literally the best I have ever had and I might have dreamed about them this morning as I ate my yogurt and toast. 


 I stopped by Poppie's house on the way home from Virginia Beach and this girl came back home this weekend. 

It is so quiet around the house when she is gone. 
 

 I signed up for the Blue Apron bandwagon. 

I'm embarrassed to say that these were all delivered last week and I just got around to making the first one tonight. 

I would give tonight's meal a 6.5/10. Nothing special but it was nice to have everything already together and picked out. Will report back once I make the others.



Now that Labor Day is behind us I am in full on Fall 2016 mode. 

I adore Fall, it is my favorite time of the year and it always goes by too quickly. Therefore I go into crazy fall mode and purchase eveything that they make in a pumpkin variety. 

I headed to Target tonight to pick up some cough drops for my lingereing cold/allergies and I came home with these. 

I'm happy to report that they are amazing. 



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment