Monday, August 29, 2016

weekend blues

Monday. Back so soon. 

The beginning of the week seems so much more difficult when you have a really good weekend. 

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous and a much needed re-charge. Izzy and I somewhat spur of the moment packed up and headed to her house in Virginia Beach after work. I get off on Friday's typically at 2 o'clock so we got to head out of Richmond fairly early. 

I love summer and I haven't really been able to enjoy it the way I have become accustomed to, thank you being an adult. This was my first trip to the beach this year and it was amazing to be able to spend the entire weekend by the water soaking up a little sunshine. 

I came home a little too burnt and with sand in my bags. Saltwater really does your soul good.


We got up Saturday and spent the morning pretty leisurely, heading to the beach around noon. 

Lets just say that SPF 15 does not cut it when you haven't been in the sun more than 5 times. Lesson learned.


I love going home with Iz, her family is amazing. They truly make you feel like you are one of theirs and I adore each and everyone of them.  
 


We got up a lot earlier than I usually do on a Sunday morning but the breakfast we ate in exchange was oh so worth it. 

After breakfast we headed home for some couch naps and a morning Bravo marathon. Packing up a little later and heading over to The Narrows for a little sun and floating. Exactly how Sunday should be spent in my opinion.  



Thank you for having me Folmers, it was a blast as always! 


Thursday: The day you celebrate Friday. 

We have to stop celebrating Friday, it is making my jeans a little tighter. 2 for 3 cake gets us way too frequently. Fabulous as it typically is. 



Monday. When the entire office floods.


I spent some time with my family tonight, much needed and extremely refreshing. On my way back after a pit stop for an oil change that was a little more overdue than I care to admit (sorry Dad) I stopped at Wegmans, for the first time. 

Talk about overwhelming.  I'm slightly obsessed and I have a slight hatred for this place. You literally need around 3 hours to look at everything. Crazy town to say the least but I'll be going back.





Happy Monday y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment