The first week of August is already over, where has the summer gone?
This is about the time when I was usually ready to get back to Farmville for the year. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't sad that I am not going back. I'm actually really jealous of everyone that is currently packing up and heading west. All good things have to come to an end I suppose and I had the most amazing 4 years there.
Things have settled in around here and I've found my groove. I'm looking forward to Fall and some cooler temperatures.
My Dad actually headed back to Houston on Friday morning, as we are always so happy to have him I'm always pretty sad to see him go. It was a great visit and I'm looking forward to having him back soon, I wouldn't argue with taking a little trip home either.
___________
This man had a birthday last week, a big birthday at that. Poppy turned 85 last Wednesday and even though he 100% tried to downplay the day I know he was a little excited. I've never met anyone that likes to give me a hard time as much as he does but he is still one of my very favorite people. I hope one day to be half of the wealth of knowledge he is and be that cool at 85.
I moved.
Yes, you read that correctly. Last weekend to be exact.
It was somewhat spur of the moment. I was going a little crazy at home and it was time. I ended up moving in with Izzy and her sister, Hannah down near Willow Lawn.
We've officially shared an address for a week now and it has been everything that I hoped for. I guess going from having an 85 year old roomie to living with people my own age was more shocking that I anticipated. I couldn't be happier and wish that I would have made the decision sooner but living rent free for 9 weeks was also pretty nice.
I'm looking forward to always having someone to drag along with Target.
I have a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff I don't need.
When my move became official I started going through everything and made daily trips to Goodwill to drop off things that I had been holding on to. I kept a lot of the stuff from my Mom's house and it was a lot of stuff that I was never going to use.
Throughout the de-cluttering process I came across a box of pictures.
Side note: My Mom took pictures of EVERYTHING. I may or may not have 3 inch binders of each year of my life until the age of 10.
It was fun to walk down memory lane and it reminded me how much I miss her. It is so easy to get caught up in life and just try and get through the week for the weekend. I enjoyed taking a moment to stop and look through these, remembering how much I do miss her each day. I also know no one can rock a neon pink one piece bathing suit with high wasted shorts like Nancy did.
You might remember that Lauren got married back in October.
Well the Washington's are expecting an addition come January!! And it is a little girl! I was convinced it was a boy but I couldn't be more excited to buy everything that is pink for their adorable little girl.
Sadly I didn't make it to Charlottesville for the reveal but I FaceTimed in and to see the pure happiness on their faces makes me so excited for January!
Hurry up and pick a name y'all!
Moving comes along with furniture.
I've made some big purchases recently including a mattress. By the way, no one tells you how expensive mattresses are! After finally finding a bed I knew that I was going to need furniture as I got rid of my bedroom set from my Mom's. I couldn't really find anything that I liked, I started my search not really knowing what I wanted. I quickly found that everything I liked either wasn't good quality or was ridiculously expensive.
I wish that I would have taken before and after pictures of this project but I suppose it is a little late in the game. I ended up taking my Mom's old bedroom furniture that I had saved and got it painted. I honestly wasn't too sure how I was going to like it but I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Still making some decisions on drawer pulls but it is nice to no longer be living out of boxed.
More pictures to come of the rest!
As always the weekend went by a little too fast for my liking.
Cheers to Monday I suppose!





No comments:
Post a Comment