I have been off of work for the past two weeks and boy did I not realize how much I love having a schedule.
I thought about heading home to see my Dad for the week but some training for work got in the way and I wasn't able to go anywhere. It has been amazing to do things that I haven't had time to do these past few months like actually go to the gym, leisurely run errands, etc but it has it gotten boring.
I'm ready to head back to the real world tomorrow and begin my journey with Capital One.
_______
My sunflowers from last week held up remarkably well this past week, I ended up tossing them today actually. I saw some pictures from people that I went to Lickinghole yesterday and all of the flowers looked dead/wilted from it being so hot recently, glad we decided to go last weekend!
As I've had the past two weeks full of free time I tried to get back into a habit of heading to the gym each day. I didn't make it one morning but decided to Libby Hill one evening after dinner as they have some killer stairs that will challenge the stair master any day.
Not so bad when you have a view like this when you're done.
Get in your car and go to Total Wine or Trader Joes ASAP if you happen to enjoy an adult beverage, specifically anything pumpkin.
Ace's Pumpkin Cider is just as amazing as it sounds.
I've never cared about getting the newest iPhone as soon as it launched nor did I ever think I would be the crazy person in line outside of a Verizon store. Well, I was.
I was also the idiot that purchased the smallest phone they made last upgrade so for the past 2 years I have been getting "storage full" notifications every 6 hours of my life.
So on Friday at 3:45 I headed to the Verizon store like a bunch of other insane people in Richmond and sat outside for 4 hours waiting for them to open. It actually was not nearly as bad as I had expected and I actually made friends in line, their Mom brought everyone Chick-fil-A for breakfast.
Glad I did it but I don't plan on doing it again & might have brought a folding chair. No shame.
I headed to Farmville on Friday as this will probably be one of the last times I'll be able to visit for a while as I'll be traveling for work. I stayed with Truluck who as always is my favorite and the most amazing person out there. I know that I say this all the time but I miss living with her SO much, there is literally nothing like it and I miss it so very much.
I miss these girls, more than I ever expected or thought was possible. It was fun to just hang out like old times, drive around with no where to go, and laugh until our stomachs hurt. I also learned that I am not in college anymore and I cannot hang.
I love you too Deborah.
We headed over to Briery Creek on Saturday afternoon, I always forget how gorgeous this place is. I feel like every little town has a hidden gem somewhere and I would have to say that this is Farmville's. They'll also give you a ticket for just about anything there.
Brunch.
Oh how much I love you. Some people don't appreciate you the way you deserve. Thanks for always being by brunch partner Nat!
I came home to a card sitting on my bed much to my surprise. I haven't really changed my address since I moved and just pick up my mail from my Grandpa's each week. It just reminded me that I have so many amazing the people in my life. Mama Crowe aka Truluck's amazing Momma had sent me a card with electricity and "cocktail" money.
Exactly why I adore them.
Cheers to Monday & starting a new journey at a new job!
xo






No comments:
Post a Comment