Tuesday, September 13, 2016

New Season, New Job

I've quickly learned that there is somewhat of a mold that you are expected to follow in this world. 

You are expected to go to college, balance 19,000 things over a four year period, graduate with a ton of accomplishments, and then go out into a big scary reality (that no one tells you about) and get a job. This is what the majority of my friends did and I did the exact same. 

I started my job right after I returned from Ireland and I would be lying if I said that it wasn't a rough transition. Going from taking one class my last semester to having to follow a routine and spend 8+ hours in one place each day was huge. Not life changing but took some adjustment for sure. I finally settled in nicely and starting enjoying my job; I was working with Verizon  positions all across the country and I was finally getting into a grove. 

I have found that I like things to go smoothly in this world and I'm not the biggest fan of changes, well I've also learned that isn't reality or the way things work. 

I had applied to TONS of jobs earlier in the year just like every other senior that was about to walk across that stage. I felt like using my resume as wallpaper.

I ended up getting a call sometime during last week of August inquiring about a position with Capital One that I had applied for. I had honestly written it off and hadn't thought about it in weeks but I knew it was way too good of an opportunity with an amazing company to pass up. So, long story short I joined the Capital One team and I couldn't be happier! The people are amazing and their campus is literally stunning, they have bikes...working on that. I'll be working in Human Resources with recruiting and training out in West Creek, it will be so nice to finally put my degree to use. 

While I'll miss my work peeps more than they know, they will just be my real friends and not my work friends now! I've more than enjoyed the past week off, getting things done around here that you oddly enough never have time for when you have a job. 

So here is to new chapters, new opportunities, and not having to be at work until 9 o'clock!



No comments:

Post a Comment