This week has been one of those weeks that was just really really good.
I've officially been at Capital One for a solid week and I don't think that I could be any happier at this point. While it has only been one week I've learned that sometimes you just know when things are a good fit, especially when you have experienced what a bad fit was.
I've started to settle in nicely and I honestly found that I love the culture and just really enjoy the people, they're great and I'm very fortunate. Did I mention that I can wear jeans everyday?? I still can't get over it and I think they find it funny that I find it so odd.
The "campus" as they refer to it as is actually gorgeous and around twice the size of Longwood. I think that it actually reminds me a lot of a college campus; they have bikes everywhere (struggle for me) and everyone has a backpack since there is constant back and forth. Like I said, just a really good fit and I couldn't be happier.
| {always} wear white after labor day |
I'm never going to be a regular at Kroger again, the food is oddly fabulous. The coffee addict in me might also know where all the Starbucks locations are.
This weekend was pretty low key, the first in awhile that I didn't have plans to be driving to go somewhere or coming home from somewhere else and it was pretty perfect.
I spent Friday night with my old work people at the VMFA and for a few drinks afterwards.
Aaron & Katie.
Words cannot describe how much I miss these two and seeing their faces on a daily basis. There are some people in this world that just get you, you mesh, and it doesn't matter if you are going to dinner or sitting on your couch to have fun...that is these two. The fact that I continue to see them after moving onto a different position makes my heart so happy. I tell them that they used to be my work friends but now they'll just have to be my real friends.
My favorite Mama to be came to RVA from Charlottesville this weekend!! Last minute trips are my favorite and my favorite people are the ones that you can pick right up where you left off. We started Saturday off with brunch at Millie's which is actually on the best brunch places in Virginia. They had excellent breakfast and even better mimosas, it will definitely be added to the regular brunch rotation. We spent the rest of the day picking up odds and ends for Baby Washington!
Lauren was my driving factor when joining Sigma Kappa, I love her so and she made a huge impact on my college experience. It has been so fun to have a friend and be on the journey together, from graduation, to being in her wedding, to getting ready to welcome baby girl Quinn.
I cannot wait to meet your precious baby girl, January (aka December) cannot come soon enough!! I always love your visits and you.
Today just happens to be my G-Bae's 21st birthday, our last one to finally become legal. I love you more than words can describe and wish I could be there but we all know I'm too old to keep with with the two of you!! I hope that this weekend was amazing and everything that you ever wanted, now go find my GG!
Last but certainly not least, the weather is finally starting to cool down around here and it was about time. I'm a summer girl, 100% but I was getting tired of these 90 degree days. I packed away some sorts and tank tops the other day and I'm ready to welcome October with open arms.
Cheers to Monday!







No comments:
Post a Comment