Monday, March 10, 2014

Seattle: Part 1

Spring Break is officially over and while I'm thrilled to be back in Farmville with my girls I could have used three extra days at home to just relax and catch up on sleep. 

To say that I had the best time on my trip would be such an understatement. Seattle is such an amazing city, somewhere that I would definitely be interested in moving one day but even better it houses some of my favorite people. My Aunt Peggy (My Mom's sister) is one of my favorite people; she is the most generous, loving, and loyal person I know. I always have such a fun time with her and always look forward to our visits. 

My trip started off with a little bit of a kink. I showed up to the airport to find out that my flight was cancelled, there was no pilot available and there was snow at my connection in Chicago. Long story short I returned home and drove back to the airport 8 hours later to connect through Dallas instead. 

FYI: I left my camera at school, I was crushed by made it through with my trust iPhone. So sorry for the crappy pictures, I did the best I could.


To ease my frustration my Dad bought me my first box of the season of Girl Scout cookies. Samoas make everything better. I might have finished the entire box within 3 hours of getting them. By the way, when did they become $4?!


I finally made it on the plane and thankfully had really easy flight, I did a little reading and caught up on some sleep.


 Once I landed I was greeted with this beautiful skyline. Love.


One of the first things that we did was go to Pike's Place Market. I've been there before but I always feel like it is something that you have to go see when you visit. I love the atmosphere, it is downtown and it gives off such good city vibes. 

I think that my favorite most from the market had to have been the "crack rock" bust that I witnessed our way back home. Most exciting thing of my life, seeing bike cops bust a man. Totally felt like a Breaking Bad moment.





I've never really thought of fruits and vegetables as art but they were beautiful and I think that I could have taken pictures of them all day long. I think that it is so cool to have local produce readily available at all times. 





This is the counter that they throw the fish at, it happened while we were there but I couldn't get close enough to snap a picture. 




This would definitely be a the top of my suggestion list and is definitely a place that I will continue to visit. Plus, it is the home of the original Starbucks!!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment