Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving and "The Tree"

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving full of great food and better family time!
 The holidays always seem to go by faster and faster the older I get. I seriously got home for break and was back on Sunday before I knew it. 

Here is a little recap from the past week and just an FYI these pictures are all out of order. My computer was on the fritz.

Lets just say that every Thanksgiving should start out with watching the Macy's Day Parade. Love it and it has definitely become a tradition in my family...as well as millions of others I'm sure.  


Literally how can you not love this face. It makes my heart melt. PS. See all those toys? Think she is spoiled much?

  
Gertrude was ready and waiting for our annual after Thanksgiving feast walk. Even though we all know that this picture is about her new outfit. We have an abundant amount of hunter that trespass on our property so it was perfect for them to spot her plus she has literally no fur! Can't have her freeze all winter long, plus we all like to make her wear it around the house and talk about how cute it is.

 


We had so many fires this week and this was my permanent spot, America takes over once it cools down.

 

We started the Christmas baking. My favorite! Love love love it! I also love eating it. Lets just say that these cookies are a novelty in the Marchetti household.

 

I worked Black Friday. I also drank around 6 cups of coffee. Lets just say that it was way too early with way too many cranky shoppers. Not a happy camper, people will literally do anything to save a few dollars. 



 After I ate with my side of the family I was supposed to head over to the Marchetti's gathering. I decided that I would make a pit stop to let Miss A out but it ended up in us snuggling along with a three hour nap to never make it. The Marchetti's found us here sleeping.

Don't you love our selfie?!

Mix. You've heard me talk about it before. It is God's gift to this earth. I can't talk about it too much because I will start drooling on my keyboard.


Father Christmas and I hit up Costco to get our tree during my lunch break on Black Friday. I thought this was going to be a little break from the crazies...well it wasn't. We got a good one but we did have to fight a few off for it.  The guy that was pulling them off of an 18 wheeler (no I'm not joking) was literally a riot. When we pulled into the parking lot we witnessed a woman in her Mercedes shoving her tree thru her trunk to the passenger seat...I'm sure her husband was thrilled.


Unfortunately the Marchetti's are "colored light" people. Don't worry, I have shared my frustration and disappointment with them but think that I love them too much to really care. Even though I might be giving them lots of white lights for an after Christmas gift. We decorated the tree on Sunday before Caleb and I headed back to school and I have to say it made me want these two weeks to go by even faster. Can't wait for the holidays!

 


On a more somber note everyone please pray for my Grandma! She is in the hospital with an infection from a previous knee replacement and has a long road ahead. Happy thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Megan, your dog is soo cute! I just got your comment on my blog about getting those boots for 40% off. YES I am so interested in that! Will you email me at stylemeswanky@gmail.com to go over details? Will keep your grandmother in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete