Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tis' The Season

In a way the holidays are ending and just beginning around here. I dropped my Dad off at the airport to head home this evening, so we have already celebrated the Johnston family Christmas.

It was so good to have him home, it is hard to go a year without seeing him. His visits always go way too fast and there never seems to be enough time, he knows we miss his dearly. 

While it is only December 18 we have gotten some pretty festive things done around here. We celebrated Christmas last Sunday on my Dad's side. It was relaxed and casual as usual, I will share some pictures later.

Other than a visit from my Dad things have stayed pretty relaxed around here while getting into the holiday spirit mixed with a little work at Saxons. You know that I have to have my dose of crazy shoppers to make it through the day. 

Mimi had to make me a new stocking since mine got lost in my move last summer, I'm loving the chevron and burlap but I'm loving that it was made by her even more. 


 My Dad and I headed into the Verizon store earlier in the week to complain about my hefty phone bill for a single line. Not only did we leave with my monthly bill cut in half I also left with a new iPhone 5S. Lets just say I'm loving it and it was a great early Christmas treat.


 I'm getting there with all of my wrapping. It is my favorite part of the holidays but I feel like no one else enjoys it. I literally fight people off at work to do the complimentary gift wrapping that we offer. There is just something so Christmasy about it.


I despise going to Lowes, Home Depot, or any hardware store of any kind. I feel like it is comparable to Target for women.  They can spend hours in there and they love the smell, so weird! Anyways, Poppie and I headed over on Monday morning and I tagged along as the great grandchild that I am. We ended up having a pretty good time I must say. I could eat him up, so cute.


Hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays and wrapping things up!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment