I am a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason". It has gotten me through many tough times in my life. Lately I have been absent on here just because my mind has been in overload. I haven't had time to be creative or had anything really good to share with ya'll.
Last Friday I came home from ECU, for good. Sometime things don't work out they way you except them to. You learn what works for you and what doesn't. Everyone has their place. Their place where they are happy, comfortable, where they cannot wait to go back. ECU was not that for me. I am finishing the rest of my semester at home, in Richmond. After Christmas (I cannot wait for Christmas, they had trees out at Costco today) I will be headed down to Farmville to attend Longwood!
I am so excited, more excited than I have been in awhile! I think that it will be a good fit for me. It is a lot smaller and closer to home which will hopefully be exactly what I need. I am looking forward to being a Lancer!
Everyone came home this weekend and it was oh so good! It felt just like summer with Caleb and I, Jordan and Reid, and Michie. Friday night was spent hanging out at the Koebel's house, which is always entertaining. It always feels like I am home and always begins with me taking my gummy vitamins. Plus it was so nice to finally sleep in my own bed...for good!
Saturday Caleb and I met Aunt Margaret at Brio for lunch. It was so good! Good food and great company. We hadn't seen her in awhile and it was great to catch up. Thanks Aunt Margaret!
Saturday night consisted of Glory Days (tastes even better when you haven't had it in awhile) and a fire pit along with a visit to the Derrs who we always love spending time with. Probably one of the most loving down to earth families that I know.
Sunday was PUMPKIN CARVING. It was so fun! I haven't carved a pumpkin in forever. I must add that Caleb did not help because he "didn't want to get his hands gooey".
It was a long weekend that went by way too fast but we soaked up every second of the warm October weather. Ready for a little chill to come back in the air!!
Happy Tuesday!
| Thank you Mama Linda! |
Everyone came home this weekend and it was oh so good! It felt just like summer with Caleb and I, Jordan and Reid, and Michie. Friday night was spent hanging out at the Koebel's house, which is always entertaining. It always feels like I am home and always begins with me taking my gummy vitamins. Plus it was so nice to finally sleep in my own bed...for good!
Saturday Caleb and I met Aunt Margaret at Brio for lunch. It was so good! Good food and great company. We hadn't seen her in awhile and it was great to catch up. Thanks Aunt Margaret!
Saturday night consisted of Glory Days (tastes even better when you haven't had it in awhile) and a fire pit along with a visit to the Derrs who we always love spending time with. Probably one of the most loving down to earth families that I know.
Sunday was PUMPKIN CARVING. It was so fun! I haven't carved a pumpkin in forever. I must add that Caleb did not help because he "didn't want to get his hands gooey".
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
![]() |
| Festive Porch + Gertrude |
It was a long weekend that went by way too fast but we soaked up every second of the warm October weather. Ready for a little chill to come back in the air!!
Happy Tuesday!










No comments:
Post a Comment