There is something about saltwater that just does my soul good.
I love the summer, I live for the sun, and the only thing that could have made this weekend even more perfect would have been 80 degree temperatures.
Waking up in my own bed this morning after spending 3 days in Corolla honestly reminded me how refreshed I felt. I headed to the Outer Banks with one of my sorority sisters, her "real" sister, and a few of their close friends this past Thursday and boy was it good, thanks for having me guys! Debbie and I drove down Thursday evening, arriving around 9:30. I can't say that I had ever been to the beach in the off season before but it was dead, literally.
I worked from home on Friday and had a much better view than my typical kitchen table. We really just relaxed, hung out, played games, watched way too much Rock of Love, drank too much, ate too much junk, and just enjoyed. It was pretty cold on Saturday as it was only in the thirties but we got in some solid beach time on Sunday all bundled up. I see some extra time spent on the treadmill in my near future but I can't complain.
We ended up heading home late last night, arriving in my driveway home around 1 o'clock, I'm dragging today but it was oh so so worth it.
Below describes Debbie about as accurately as possible, this girl keeps a folding chair in her trunk in case the opportunity to hang out on a porch, beach, background, etc arises.
Meet Chance.
Mondays aren't nearly as fun when you no longer have a view like this.
Until next time Corolla.
xo






No comments:
Post a Comment