Sunday, January 29, 2017

catching up

Well, January bites the dust. 

So little time but so many amazing things going on. January has been really fun, honestly just a really solid start to 2017. This month has been super busy but busy in a really good way. I've really settled into my job, found a good balance, and just enjoyed the little things that have happened which is exactly what I want to do this year.
___________________________________________

Recruitment. Sorority Recruitment.

A lot of people don't like recruitment, I was always the weird one that looked forward to it and loved it. I always felt like you lived and breathed recruitment when you were an active sister, going back as an alum really solidified that idea. It resembles that feeling that you have on Christmas morning and the genuine suspense. Very happy that I was able to spend some time with my very favorite girls, they had an amazing outcome, and their hard work paid off. 

I miss having these girls 2-5 minutes away or only a text across the hall. The convenience of being at school surrounded by 50+ of your favorite people is something that I definitely overlooked at the time but miss the most now!
 




My babes. 



It is hard to believe this was over a year ago.

 
Baby Quinn arrived!!!

I wouldn't really classify myself as someone who adores kids, everyone knows that. It isn't that I don't like kids I think it is just that I haven't had much experience around them being an only child. I'm sure I'll like my own just fine I'm just not a huge fan of stranger's babies. I can also say that the older I've gotten the more that has changed and now having friends have their own babes has made my heart a little softer. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting the days for Q to arrive. After much anticipation baby Quinn finally entered this world after making us wait long past her expected due date. You have no idea how loved you are already, you are so beautiful, and I cannot wait to spoil you rotten much to your Mom & Dad's dismay. Your Momma is one of my very favorite people and boy are you lucky have parents as amazing as yours!

Cannot wait to watch you grow Q.



Reading. 

I love to read but I always find reasons not to. 

I've picked up more books this month than I probably did in all of 2016 and boy does it feel good. I've been trying to read at night when I get in bed rather than watching TV and it is fun, it is fun to escape into something else for a little while or to find some inspiration after a long day. 

With so much hate and negativity on the television and social media right now sometimes we need to turn it all off and remember the good things in this world.


 Poppie. 

This man, I couldn't love him more. He keeps me on my toes, reminds me that I am far from perfect, and always lets me know if he doesn't like my outfit but some of my favorite memories are with him. He reminds me that success doesn't come from anything but hard work and it is isn't something that happens on it's own. He also enjoys a Costco pizza with a glass of wine, obviously we share the same last name.


Someone posted this picture of Main Street in Farmville on Facebook today and it made my heart so happy. I can't tell you how many times I've walked up and down this road from Ruffner to our apartment. I miss my time in this little town, it truly is a magical place that doesn't compare to anything else.


I've gone to the same place to get my nails done since I was a freshman in high school and I've always gone to the same person, Vy. She is amazing and a frequent texter of mine, she has the biggest heart, she cracks me up, and she's always up to date on my life. I'd compare her to a therapist.

I'm not really sure how it happened but somehow Izzy and I ended up at Mindy's house for Vietnamese New Year last night, well it was fabulous. I mean this is what most 22 year olds do on a Saturday, right? The food was amazing and they sent us home with leftovers, I love any reason to not have to cook. I was telling someone about it today and I realized that when you've known someone for so long they kind of become just like family. 

An unexpected evening but a ton of fun with some of my favorite people!



 I mean they had cake, if you know me you know that I was completely sold.


Impromptu visits are my favorite, friends that you can talk to everyday but go two weeks without and pick up right where you left off are also my favorite.

Cupcake dates with this girl will always be a fabulous way to end a weekend, see you soon Al gal.
 

The countdown begins until my view is similar to below, looking forward to some much needed time away celebrating some of my favorite people!


Cheers to Monday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment