Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 & photo dump

2017. 

Someone randomly asked me a few weeks ago when I graduated from high school and just like second nature I said 2012. It took a second to register but it hit me that was 5 years ago, I don't think it really hit me until I said that out loud. Time goes by so fast, you blink and you're talking about something that you did 3 weeks ago.

Anyways, onto the moral of the story here. I'm not making a New Years "resolution" this year, I somewhat think that resolutions just set you up for failure and mine are never realistic...for example one year I gave up Diet Coke for 3 days, you see the trend (I also apologize to my roommate during that time). I've decided to set some goals, things to work on, and little changes I plan on making but a major one is just to be content.

I want to focus on being thankful and happy for where I am along with what I am doing in the present. I'm SO blessed, I think it is easy to forget how fortunate you are and just like anyone else my life is far from perfect but it is also pretty damn great. I like to think I'm a motivated and driven person but sometimes I find that I'm so focused on the future and thinking ahead that I forget to stop and enjoy the moment I am. Everyone tells me that these years are the best and I don't want to miss them thinking about what lies ahead. 

So 2017, I want to live you to the fullest and enjoy all of your moments, I want to take a step back and breath it all in, as I know that this year to be filled with amazing adventures. 

 Cheers to you 2017.

 

I flew home to Richmond last Wednesday night, pretty much early Thursday morning after so many flight issues. Anyways, I came home to much cooler weather. That is one of the things that I love about going to Houston during the holidays, the warmth and the sunshine. I live for the sunshine and a tan, it was a nice little recharge to get me through some of our cold days ahead. 



I also spent a lot of time on the street that I happened to grow up on during my visit. 

My Grandma still lives next to the house that I grew up in and my time there is so very precious. Her house is really one of the only places I have vivid memories from living in Houston and the fact that visiting her at 22 is still one of the highlights of my trip says a lot to me, I couldn't love her more.

This street, those houses, and the sound of her hardwood floors take me back like no other. 





 While our neighbors are definitely extra I'm also overly curious as to how they got their lights so perfect.


 A few iPhone pictures from our day trip to Waco.

The day we decided to go was literally the only rainy/cloudy day during my entire trip but it was still so great much to the opinion my Dad would probably give you!








I might have a slight obsession with a Mexican restaurant in Houston known as Gringos. 

If you ever go to Houston it is a must eat on my list. I'd be lying if I said that there was anything super fancy about it but I'm also a sucker for barbecue ranch salad dressing. Take my word and go if you're ever in the area, get the soup and salad. I might have gone 5 times in a 16 day visit. 


It was a great trip, one I always look forward to. 

I love getting time with my Dad just the two of us, time like that is few and far between and I know that will only continue the older I get. The older I get the more I also realize how much my Dad and I are alike. I catch myself saying or doing things that stop me in my tracks and I think "holy crap I am my father" but this also makes me very proud. I couldn't think of anyone else that I would like to be like, minus the road rage and channel flipping skills (I know you read this occasionally)


But there is nothing like coming home to your own mattress and pillow. 


But I came home to snow. 

A lot of snow, we got around 5-7 inches depending on where you live in Richmond between Friday and Satruday.  Not my cup of tea but I suppose everyone should have a snow or two per season. 

I'm talking temperatures in the single digits, it may or may not have been 4 degrees outside when I woke up this morning. 

July, where are you?


But, I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else.


 Who needs a man when you have Izzy to shovel your sidewalks??


And last but not least!! 

I headed to Kroger tonight to pick up a few things and I was browsing in the produce section only to look up and see one of my favorite people! Papa was doing his grocery shopping too,  it was a pretty good surprise for a Monday.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment