Friday, August 14, 2015

Dog Days of Summer

Julyis officially behind us (plus half of August) and summer is coming to an end. When May rolls around each year I'm always so ready to pack up, come home, and enjoy summertime. Come August I'm always just as ready to head back, there might be a countdown on our refrigerator. About a week ago I realized that this is this last time I will be heading back to Farmville, it is definitely super bittersweet but makes me want to really enjoy this last year. 

July was pretty low key around here, getting some good hours in at work and just enjoying being home. I try to take advantage of seeing people that I don't have the opportunity to see during the school year, you do what you can. 

I've gotten in some good pool time but my tan always fades much faster than I can keep up with it. It reminds me that I'm doing myself a favor and lowering my risk of getting skin cancer.

#teampale

These two got iPhones and will officially kill me when they see this picture! I must say that they caught on extremely quickly and have done really well! It's nice to finally have them in the Apple world. They may or may not be FaceTiming each other in this.



My Dad came for a visit this week, I actually dropped him off at the airport to head home earlier today. It is always so nice to have him home for a little while no matter how short the trip. We packed the week with all types of school related things, whether it be Costco or moving into my apartment. He is always much appreciated, reminds me how much I miss having him close by!


The quote below is one that I found a few weeks ago when I was having a downright rough day. It really opened my eyes to the way I was approaching things. Always remember how blessed you actually are, there are others that are not nearly as fortunate.

We have had a few nasty storms recently, most of them being in the evenings. I made a quick Target run, well as quick as a Target run can be on night and headed home in this. I sat in my car for around 20 minutes in the driveway before the rain finally lightened up to head inside.


I had lunch with my Papa the other day, we keep the tradition strong so you can usually find us at Panera. I guess this is what happens when the older generation mix up the brake and the gas while proceeding to run over the median and the car parked in front. I'm guessing that they had a much worse Wednesday than I did.


Kennedy and I had a little date at Shyndigz and ate cake for dinner. I've wanted to go back every single day since but have found self control deep down inside. This was AMAZING, strawberry buttercream with fresh berries and sauce..I thought about it for days.

 

Things are winding down, I only have two shifts left at work and I'm currently living out of my overnight bag at home.

I head to Farmville for good on Wednesday morning, while we got most of my stuff in this week I still have a little packing and rounding up to do around the house. I'm ready to get there and get settles into a routine. 

More to come on our adorable little apartment later!

xo

2 comments:

  1. I go back soon too I can't believe its already senior year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete