July has been so busy that we are still getting around to birthday dinners but I cannot say that I am complaining. I had the last of my belated birthday dinners with Caleb last night as everyone's schedules have been a little crazy lately. I honestly do not think that I have ever been so full in my entire life.
We went to Casa Del Barco downtown on 12th street and it was hands down the best Mexican that I have ever had in Richmond. They had an adorable little patio with string lighting, thankfully yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and it was extremely comfortable outside.
We went to Casa Del Barco downtown on 12th street and it was hands down the best Mexican that I have ever had in Richmond. They had an adorable little patio with string lighting, thankfully yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and it was extremely comfortable outside.
![]() |
| Adorable mini serving baskets for the chips |
The food was to die for, I got chicken fajitas and Caleb got steak tacos. We were both really pleased with the food, pretty big portions and tasty!

While I cannot say that we left dinner hungry we decided to try Shyndigz which is a desserts and drinks only restaurant. It was to die for and it was dangerous. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth, I would eat cake all day if it was acceptable and I could still fit in my pants. Lets just say that our eyes were a little bigger than our stomachs, we ended up getting two pieces and went home with about one and a half...we had some happy campers at home.
I might have had some for breakfast this morning.
And just for reference, those are dinner plates not small plates.
![]() |
| Chocolate Salted Caramel and Oreo Truffle Funfetti |
Even though I went to bed last night coming down off of a sugar high and with a little bit of a tummy ache it was a wonderful birthday dinner and absolutely worth the wait.
Till next year!
xo










No comments:
Post a Comment