The summer is officially starting to get away from me, after the 4th of July it always seems to go by so fast. I feel like things have been super busy too so I blink and another week has gone by.
I'm currently on a break from summer classes but have completed two, having another one start on the 20th. They've actually been pretty enjoyable too, definitely something I wish I would have figured out a little earlier in my college career.
Lots of things going on lately!
I found a new exercise class in the beginning of June and I have actually become obsessed with it. I pass the Pure Barre studio every single day, as it is right near my house and I'm so glad that I finally decided to stop in one day. They actually had a challenge is June, complete 20 classes in 30 days. I never thought I would find something that would get me exercising at 8 o'clock in the morning, guess I have found my calling! I highly suggest it!
![]() |
| Competing the challenge! |
I had a birthday in there somewhere too and it was oh so good! Nice and low key, exactly what I needed in my hectic schedule lately. A bunch of my wonderful sisters all got together downtown at Social 52 for Sunday brunch to celebrate and it reminded me how lucky I am. So grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. It was a great weekend.
Not only were my friends wonderful but my family also went above and beyond to celebrate my special day. Even though the United States Postal Service has put a little kink in some cards and gifts that were sent week ago, typical! It was a pretty good milestone, 21 was extremely good to me!
I've started a new job at our YMCA by my house and I have to say that it is FABULOUS. Sadly my time at Saxons came to an end but it was a good little run. I started looking for a job at the beginning of the summer and found myself at the Y. I've never been surrounded by such wonderful people that actually make you feel like family. It is a pretty good feeling to actually want to go to work in the morning!
![]() |
| Sunset on the way home |
We have some (lots) blackberry patches on our road and we get AMAZING blackberries for about 10 days per summer. I might be a sucker for a blackberry cobbler too. Its a pain in the you know what to pick them, it takes forever, and you always leave with cuts all over but it is so worth it. We have been putting on our long pants and long sleeves after dinner and have been filling pots and pans up.
This little girl likes to eat them as fast as we pick them.
I've really enjoyed being home so far but I'm getting ready/antsy to head back to school. It is always so nice to come home and relax for awhile but towards the end of July I'm ready to get back.
This week has been a whooper around here, I saw this a few days ago and it made me smile. Remembering that life will go on and everything happens for a reason.
xo











No comments:
Post a Comment