I'm not particularly fond of New Years "resolutions" but I always find myself trying to set them for myself when the first week of January rolls around. The past couple of years I've tried to make a few "lifestyle changes" that correspond with some goals I have for myself throughout the year.
This past week I read a wonderful book: Carry On, Warrior. It really allowed me to do some much needed soul searching and gave me such a good outlook for the new year. A definite must read for those who haven't in 2015!
My Goals for 2015: Realistic and Not-So Realistic
1. Embrace what you have and stop trying to change it. I'm vowing to put down the flat iron twice a week (have to start out slow) and introduce the world to my curls.
2. Actually keep up with this blog. I have my moments were I think nobody reads it but then I get that text from someone that read that day (usually my Father) and it is what keeps me going.
3. Spend more time outside. Whether it is taking a walk or getting the mail. It is so much more refreshing than going to the gym.
4. Call home more often. Most know that my family lives all over and I often feel guilty when I get an e-mail from someone who hasn't heard from me asking how I'm doing. How pathetic is that? I'm wanting to make the time to check in with those who I love the most.
5. Read more books. This does not mean that they have to be intellectual (sappier/trashier the better) but there is nothing better than being indulged into a whole new world known as fiction.







I enjoyed this post, and I always enjoy reading your posts. Do you have any suggestions of how to get more readers for my blog?
ReplyDeleteI read! And I can't wait to see those cuurrrls : )
ReplyDelete