Weekends like this one are my absolute favorite.
Those weekends that you spend with the people that make you laugh until you cry, the ones you can sit on the couch in your pajama's until noon with and still have a blast, and the ones that you don't see nearly as often as you'd like but you always pick up right where you left off. It was was of those weekends and I do not think that my heart could be more full right now.
Time spent with my very favorite people at some of my favorite places. I headed up to Charlottesville while Steph & Kathy headed down for our annual Charlottesville visit with Lauren. Our little tradition started with Lauren & Mario's wedding which we continued last year with Lauren's baby shower so it was only appropriate to carry on.
Our get togethers look a little different these days now that little Quinn has entered this world but they have only gotten better. We tote her around and have pretty much added her to our headcount at this point, girl is a trooper a usually has a smile on her face.
We all arrived around 11 o'clock and headed straight to Costco oddly enough, 2 hours later after we had stocked up, ate every sample they had to offer, and I decorated my entire house for Christmas we headed over to Carter's Mountain. Surprisingly calm for a Saturday during peak season, we all enjoyed Bold Rock and those gorgeous views. Quinn managed to spill 40% of our drinks but you can't even be angry at that face.
A little too much Bold Rock...
Afterwards we headed for our typical Guadalajara dinner, our favorite Mexican place. Unfortunately we know the staff at this point but our trips there never disappoint. I don't think it would be a trip without a meal or two here.
We started today with our usual Sunday morning trip to Bodo's, an everything bagel with olive cream cheese is the way to my heart.
Lauren had scheduled 9 month pictures for Quinn today on UVA's campus this morning so the three of us decided to tag along. It was a gorgeous morning and the campus was beautiful as always, we strolled around while I longed to be a carefree college student for one last semester.
We headed back home and on our separate ways afterwards. I love this trip each year and always look forward to it, I hope it is something we continue with for many years to come. I'm missing my girls already but days like these always make Mondays a little more manageable.
Until next time Charlottesville.
xo





No comments:
Post a Comment