I'm behind on here once again - what is new?
I like to think that we are all friends and can pick up right where we left. This is my favorite time of the year, as always you blink and October is behind us. The weather hasn't really changed to the seasonal temperatures that I long for once I'm sick of my summer clothes but we are finally getting a taste of cooler days.
So many things and so little time recently - I've been back and forth between Richmond & NoVa, I've spent much needed time with some of my favorite people, explored, laughed, and need to just catch up.
In no particular order.
_____
One of many trips to NoVa recently I so many of my very favorite people in life. It is always so good to see Ash and her people.
& Allison aka Momma Cub.
I couldn't love her more - everyone always told me that I would meet amazing people once I started working. I always found it odd that my parents still talked to people from their old jobs or forever ago but I get it - it is hard to find good people so you can't let them go.
MC is my favorite and it scares me sometimes how alike we are. Thank you for letting me be your temporary roommate, taking me for Mexican, love Moscow mules as much as me, wearing a sleep shade, and having a blankie.
There was a random day trip to Carter's mountain trip thrown in the mix to see Lauren and Q.
We had to say goodbye to one of my favorite members of the Johnston family, Gertrude. G was my grandparents German Shorthaired Pointed who quickly became just as much mine as theirs when I moved in. She loved to sneak in my room after dinner and adored a down comforter just as much as I do.
She was the quirkiest thing and about as sweet as they come even though she didn't always listen, we knew she was the boss anyways. We had the most amazing 6 years with her and had to say goodbye way too soon but I know that we will all forever cherish our memories with her.
Natalie and I finally went to Bottom's Up Pizza after a recommendation from one of our college professors , my favorite Dr. B and it did not disappoint.
Highly recommend if you are near the bottom.
A day trip to Farmville to show sweet Rachel around as she starts making her college decisions.
& I got to see my G for a little early birthday love.
I
went camping - for the first time in my life, in West Virginia and it
was absolutely amazing in an odd way. 10 people in the woods makes for
an entertaining weekend, there is something about sleeping on a 3 inch
mattress waking up to the Boy Scouts of America's troop leader screaming
at them.
Chris,
Aaron, Katie, and myself packed up and headed to Beckley, WV on Friday
evening for what I would consider glamping. We stayed two nights and
finished up the weekend rafting down the New River on Sunday.
I
actually don't have a ton of pictures from the weekend as my phone was
either charging, we were drinking, or we were on the water.
This girl had a birthday, a big birthday at that.
Happy
Birthday Iz - I hope that 25 is your best year yet. This world would be
a very dull place without you in it. You bring laughter to all of our
lives and keep us smiling.
A Ghost Tour of RVA landed us at the Capital building at night.
It is so easy to forget that things like this are literally in our backyard and taken for granted.
Randoms from our last trip to Farmville.
Little Q's first trip to Costco, obviously she is an executive member. She also loved the sample, a girl after my own heart.
They also had beer Advent candles which is absolutely genius and 100% worth the $50.
While
in NoVa last week my amazing team traded in our laptops and conference
calls for Cox Farms and it was the most amazing day.
It
was so nice to get away from the daily routine of the office and spend
some time outside with these awesome people. Days like these remind you
just how lucky you are.
And I would say this sums up #lifeatcapitalone.
A Friday with these gems including dinner, sangrias, and Plant Nite.
We
found a Groupon for Plant Nite which was very similar to the ever so
popular Wine & Design with succulents/terrariums. It was super fun
and I would highly recommend, they host at local restaurants/coffee
shops in the area.
I ended up taking a half day this past Thursday before I headed home to Richmond this weekend to explore DC with Hads.
It
was an amazing afternoon with one of the first fall like days that was
just enough to bust out boots and a sweater. My favorite friends are
the ones that you do not necessarily see all the time but can pick up
right where you left off with, makes me heart so full.
So much love for you Hads, thanks for showing me around.
Last but not least this little guy is the newest resident at 27th street.
No Dad, I did not get a dog - don't worry.
Meet Enzo, my roommate's adorable 10 week old pug puppy.
If
you know me you know that Barnes & Noble and Petco set up adoption
centers to target people like me. I live for the puppy snuggles.
Cheers to Monday!
xo











No comments:
Post a Comment