Long time no talk - again.
Summertime always flies by and here I am in the middle of July saying it once again. This is my favorite time of year but it is always over in the blink of an eye. Anyways, I'm back updating and trying to stay somewhat up to date on here.
I miss spending my summer days at the pool soaking up all of the sunshine when life was super easy but I cannot really complain - life has been full of some amazing things recently and I'm constantly reminded of just how blessed I am. Sometimes it takes a detour or a bump in the road to really remember just how good you have it in this world.
So I guess I'll just dive right in and try and catch up on some things around these neck of the woods.
June started off with a trip to South Carolina with Debs and her crew. They're some of the very best people and time with them never disappoints. It was the perfect start to the summer and so wonderful to get away from the daily grind for a little while.
Saltwater just does something for my soul and I miss it already, along with my tan that is beginning to fade.
Steph and Brian also got married - Steph and I were in Sigma Kappa together and Brian is actually the older brother to one of my best friends, Lauren. It is so fun (and scary) to be at the point in life where people you went to school with are starting to get married and we even have a few babes around here.
It was a gorgeous and intimate ceremony in Northern Virginia along with a fabulous reception surrounded by so many people I adore. It was picture perfect and I wish them both nothing but all the happiness in this world!
| #carpettequilas |
Oh and I jumped out of a plane - sorry Dad! Literally.
Skydiving was just as amazing as I had always imagined it to be. Natalie and I drove up to Warrenton one Friday which is around an hour and half away from Richmond. We literally jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. We had been planning on doing this for weeks but it kept getting rescheduled due to rain and low clouds. This day was absolutely perfect with no clouds in the sky and temperatures in the mid 80s.
You really cannot explain the feeling or the excitement you experience with it and I'm thankful that I purchased the pictures, that will not be shared here!
I made a day visit to Charlottesville that was long overdue and ended up meeting my favorite little family for lunch.
Lauren, Mario, and Quinn are just family at this point and I couldn't love them more. It is hard to believe that we have had little Q around for 6+ months now, it is crazy to watch her grow and see how much she changes in the short amount of time between visits.
Miss America and I spent a week together just the two of us.
I always forget how spoiled she is but boy do I love her so. Shes rotten and loves herself a down comforter, I suppose she gets that from me.
She also loves Molly as much as I do - girl has good taste.
I made a homemade cheesecake.
Who.Am.I?
I have been a Sams Club member for 7+ years of my life and received the gift of a Costco membership for Christmas. Well my Sams finally expired and I officially became a Costco member, I don't think I've ever made Paul Marchetti so proud.
Nat and I spent a Saturday at Buskey's Cider - I highly recommend.
Cute little local cidery in Scott's Addition with life size Jenga and dog friendly - what more can you ask for?
Cute little local cidery in Scott's Addition with life size Jenga and dog friendly - what more can you ask for?
Mitch had a birthday!
Mitch = the best Dad ever.
HBD to the one and only. The one that gives me a hard time but loves me even harder. I hope that you had a wonderful day and cannot wait to see you soon! Next year is a big one!
I had a little staycation at the Lake with Truluck and her amazing family.
The weather was amazing, the view was incredible, and the company was even better. Sometimes you just need to get away and this couldn't have come at a better time.
Aaron had a birthday!
I met these four gems at Apex, which was much less gemmy (is that a word?) but I will say that they are the most amazing thing that came out of that experience.
We don't all get together nearly enough but when we do it is always perfect. We ate too much, we drank too much, and we stayed out too late but it was exactly how it should have been. I couldn't love you all more! Cheers to your best year yet A!
Momma Crowe also had a birthday!
I headed to Northern Virginia last week for work and stayed a few extra (aka 5) days to spend with some of my favorite people. I don't have a lot of pictures from the weekend but I always think that is how you know that you had a good time.
We did birthdays celebrations, fireworks, cookouts, and everything else you think of when it is a holiday weekend. It was absolutely perfect - couldn't love my Nova family more.
Miss America was also ready to celebrate the 4th of July.
We adopted her 6 years ago on the 4th, which explains her name. It is hard to believe that I have had her this long now but she is the happiest pup and lives the best life, no doubt about it.
I had a birthday. 23. I am officially 23. Which means next year I will be 24 which is almost 25. You get the point here.
My birthday was perfect and very adult. I spent the day at work and then the evening with my very favorite people in this world. Big thank you to P&T for always making my birthdays special even if they fall on a Wednesday.
Little One has a birthday the day after mine.
HBD Little Nug - I hope that you are feeling every bit of 22 and that this is your best year yet. There isn't anyone else that I would want to share a birthday week with.
Somehow Izzy convinced me to set an alarm for 4:45 a.m. on Friday morning to attend at 5:30 a.m. Pure Barre class.
Good thing I love Iz and PB because I was just getting to the good sleep when my alarm went off. Lets say I showered when I got home and went back to sleep until work.
Well I'm sure I missed some things that have happened over these past 8 weeks but I also think that this is about as caught up as I'm going to get for now.
T-Minus 8 hours to Vegas!
xo





No comments:
Post a Comment