Tuesday, May 2, 2017

this & that

Well well well - long time no talk. 

Where did the entire month of April go? My Mom used to tell me that the days are long but the years are short & I don't think that this could be more accurate. I'm in slight shock that May has already rolled around, May means that I graduated from college a year ago. What. the. hell.

Time to play some catch up on here.
__________________

I've really settled in to Richmond these past few months, especially since I moved - not that I had a lot of settling to do, I've lived here pretty much my entire life. I've just found places I've never known about and I've really fallen in love with this little town, so much is in walking distance from us now and I honestly just couldn't be happier. 

This is home and there isn't anything that compares. 

 





I met up with some of my old work friends that turned into real amazing friends for a baseball game a few weeks ago. 

Parker's Mom graciously invited us all to her work event at the Diamond and it was so good to see everyone as always. I miss working with these guys every single day but it makes the time we spend together even better. There was also a taco/tequila Friday in the mix with the 5 of us last month but fortunately there are no pictures as evidence. 


I wonder if Adam misses us?

 

I made an impromptu trip up to Charlottesville on one of our first Spring like weekends to visit with some of my favorites. Katherine and I headed to Lauren and Alex's neck of the woods. We ended up going to a few wineries and ended the day at Bold Rock.

I always forget about some of the amazing places that we have right in our back yard - we always talk about how we have no excuse to not do this more often every time that we get together. Then a few months later we always decide it is time to meet up again.

The weather was amazing and the company was even better - I got my babe fix between Aria and Quinn. Missing these girls already!







Que Aria digging for gold. 


I headed up to D.C for a week for work right after my trip to Charlottesville. 

Shout out to Truluck's amazing parents - Momma C and BSR for being the most AMAZING hosts EVER.

I'm SO fortunate to work for such an amazing company with even more amazing people. I literally could not be more fortunate. It was awesome to be in the same place with people from across the country that we interact with on a daily basis. 

This week made me count my blessings more so than I already do - we learned a lot, laughed a ton, and just enjoyed. There truly isn't anything like it and I can't say that it could get much better, I don't think many people can say that they truly love going to work and the people that work with.

We ended our trip with a team Duck Tour and dinner, I've actually done Duck Tours in other cities before but I would say that D.C. was the best that I've been on so far.






Sometimes you need to see your people and sometimes you get in the car and do just that. 

I had not been back to Farmville since January and I missed my people more than usual - there is something about the drive back that just soothes my soul. I miss my time there, I miss having every single person I adore 5 or less minutes away, and I wouldn't trade my time there for anything in this world. 

It makes my heart so happy that I can jump in the car and see these guys in less than an hour. My Little actually went alum from Sigma Kappa on Friday along with my very favorites (Debs, I'm talking about you) and it was an honor to be able to share this weekend with them.

It is hard to believe that my time ended here around a year ago and it is amazing to think that some of my very best friends are leaving this little town for good in 3 weeks. Enjoy these least few weeks - they are the very best moments.





Steph and Brian got married this past weekend!

I hopped in the car on Saturday morning after Farmville and headed up to Nova for their gorgeous wedding. It was a beautiful day, an amazing venue, and Steph was a stunning bride. It is crazy to see people from college get married but it was an honor to be apart of their special day - I hope that you are both enjoying every single moment in Antigua as we speak!






And lastly, today is my sweet Nana's birthday. 

Oh how we miss this little lady around here, I hope that she enjoyed her day up in heaven play slot machines, watching Notre Dame, and drinking a cold beer.

Happiest of Birthdays to you Nana. 
 
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting and indoor

xo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment