Monday, May 15, 2017

A Year Later

It has officially been a year since I graduated from college.

What.the.hell.

I still miss it just as much as I did the day I drove away from Farmville with my car packed but I have such a different appreciation for it now. It has been crazy to see some of my favorite people wrap up their journeys in the small little town of Farmville and it has reminded me of just how much my heart hurt but also how exciting beginning the next chapter was.
I remember being SO excited but also so sad that the best days were coming to an end, by the way you don't know that they were the best days until they are over. 

If you were to have told me a year ago what I am doing right now I probably would have laughed in your face. I never would have thought that I would be living where I'm living or working where I am working or doing what I am doing for that matter. The past year was filled with a lot of unknowns and unfamiliar things but it has pushed me to do things I never thought possible. I've learned that sometimes you surprise yourself the most and to roll with the punches a little more in life. I've learned that patience is a quality that wasn't my strong suit but it is priceless.

I would do a lot of things and pay a lot of money to relive my senior year but I also wouldn't change a thing. I hope that all of my favorites that are enjoying this last week that I'm so very jealous of. Enjoy every single last moment, you'll remember it forever. 

But, there is always a but - if I had to give a little advice I would tell you:

Make your own choices - make decisions that make you happy, put yourself first, and that is okay to be selfish at this time in your life. Save your money, really though - I thought my Dad was just being dramatic. Visit your family, talk to your family, call your family, and love them fiercely - there is nothing more important in this world. Lastly, your best friends are no longer down the hall or across the street, it is hard work keeping these friendships just like they are. Some fade, some get stronger but it is a two way street.

And I think that they'll always be the best four years. 









No comments:

Post a Comment