I miss college. A lot.
But the thing I miss the most about college is having the people I enjoy the most across the hall, upstairs, and down the street. I miss my people and I miss seeing them everyday.
Unfortunately everyone seemed to spread in all four directions and as always everyone's schedules coinciding is a challenge.
This friendship is funny and odd and completely unpredictable. As myself, Hadiyah, Debbie, and Meghan OC are literally completely opposite people. In my opinion that is why it works, we compliment each other and always have so much fun. My favorite friendships are the ones where you can go eight weeks without seeing each other but pick right back up where you left off. Right after graduation the four of us decided to pick a weekend in July to get together, just the four of us and it was so good. We had originally planned a Richmond weekend but a slight change of plans and a trip to Charlottesville later, I feel recharged and it was so good to catch up.
I ended up just getting on the highway after work on Friday, a quick 50 minutes later and I had arrived. We ended up just hanging out Friday evening, taking a little evening tour of Charlottesville before the others arrived.
Saturday we spent the morning and afternoon lounging by the pool. We all showered and headed to the Downtown Mall, we finally decided on dinner at The Fitzroy. Which was really good food, the first burger that I have had in awhile. I would definitely return!
Debbie's family just recently added a new four legged member to their clan. An adorable boxer named Rocky. Everyone knows that while I don't particularly care for children but I melt for a puppy. I might be known for bringing a few home from those adoption centers they have outside of the grocery stores and malls. I'm working on it but Rocky was a doll and I got my puppy fix for a little while.
So many sad things are going on in our world currently as I'm sure everyone is aware of . We ran across a man and a woman on the mall that were standing next to the sign below, giving out free hugs to those they did not know. It was so refreshing to see genuine kindness from strangers. It really is the small things.
We ended up getting a few evening showers while we ate dinner but the skies cleared up and it was gorgeous by the time we were ready to leave. Debbie decided to take us to UVA to take a little stroll around the campus, it was gorgeous to say the least.
We headed home after roaming around for a little while. We witnessed a gorgeous sunset from the car, we attempted to go and view it from the airport but we were a few minutes late. Still a pretty good view and a wonderful way to end a great weekend.
Until next time Charlottesville! Thanks for having us Deb, I think I can speak for all us in saying that we had a wonderful timen.





No comments:
Post a Comment