Life has been busy.
I've been busy getting in a routine and I'm finally starting to get the
hang of this thing they call work/real adult life. I've been out of
school for two months now and I've been at my job for one month. The
time has really gone by quickly and it is hard for me to believe.
It was a pretty big adjustment for me in all honesty, as all things it
took a little time but I am pretty content right where I am.
Lots of fun things have happened in the past month, summer has begun in
full swing, and all of my favorite people are finally home.
_________
Sometimes you have to take the long way home.
Natalie came and visited for a few days. We ended up meeting up with
Izzy one night for dinner and Shyndigz. It is always a fun time with
these two.

Natalie also decided to come visit when we were currently still out of
power. We were hit by a really bad storm one Thursday evening causing my
work to close and we lost power at the house for three days. No power
means Gertrude doesn't have to sleep in the laundry room, this girl
knows how to take up an entire queen size bed.
I miss these three more than I ever thought I could. HK reunites in t-minus 11 days.
Izzy and I headed down to the river last weekend for some much needed
relaxation and sunshine. It was a beautiful weekend with amazing weather
and I'm wishing I was back just thinking about it.
The life.
I just got home this evening from Nova, visiting Ashley and her family. I
miss Ashley and our little college apartment more than anything. She
makes me laugh like no other and it is hard to find people that just get
you in life. Having a best friend that pick up right where you left off
after 6 weeks is my kind of friendship and I count my blessings.
We went into Historic Leesburg on Friday evening for dinner with her
parents, who are as always the most gracious hosts. Wonderful dinner,
great margaritas, and even better people.
We went into Old Town Alexandria on Saturday evening for dinner and a pub crawl with a few other friends from Longwood. Super fun and made me miss school even more!
Such a great weekend with some of my favorite people. I caught up on some much needed sleep and my heart is pretty full!
Cheers to making three day weekends a regular thing!





No comments:
Post a Comment