I don't really have words for the hurt that we have gone through in the past 72 hours and I've had a hard time coming to terms with reality, I'm just kind of angry. We have taken a pretty hard hit, one that I wouldn't have predicted in a million years and I cant say that it has sunk it yet.
I got the phone call from my Dad Sunday evening, it was one of those calls where you just know something was wrong and your world stops. I have never been so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life. They say that you do not realize how lucky you are until you really need them and that is so true.
We lost our matriarch and my Mimi early Wednesday morning and saying she will be so missed is such an understatement.
Moving in with my grandparents when my Mom passed away was a big decision, one that I honestly was not too sure about but it allowed me to stay in Richmond and be with family. They welcomed me with open arms and I can say that it was the best thing that happened to me. I have adored these past few years, I've gotten to know them, they've gotten to know me, we've built relationships, I've learned so many things about them and life, and they've become some of my very favorite people.
Thank you for the memories, the lessons, and most of all the love. You were there when I needed it the most and I'll forever appreciate that. This is not a goodbye, it is a see you later.
p.s. Poppie and I will be just fine, we learned how to turn on the stove.
I got the phone call from my Dad Sunday evening, it was one of those calls where you just know something was wrong and your world stops. I have never been so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life. They say that you do not realize how lucky you are until you really need them and that is so true.
We lost our matriarch and my Mimi early Wednesday morning and saying she will be so missed is such an understatement.
Moving in with my grandparents when my Mom passed away was a big decision, one that I honestly was not too sure about but it allowed me to stay in Richmond and be with family. They welcomed me with open arms and I can say that it was the best thing that happened to me. I have adored these past few years, I've gotten to know them, they've gotten to know me, we've built relationships, I've learned so many things about them and life, and they've become some of my very favorite people.
Thank you for the memories, the lessons, and most of all the love. You were there when I needed it the most and I'll forever appreciate that. This is not a goodbye, it is a see you later.
p.s. Poppie and I will be just fine, we learned how to turn on the stove.





No comments:
Post a Comment