We are officially half way through March, where has the time gone?
Speaking of time this losing an hour thing was a little painful when my alarm went off this morning, it is a love hate relationship. I adore the extra hour of daylight in the evening but hate the early dark mornings.
I graduate exactly two months from today, which is kind of (really) scary. Scary in the I have to start looking for a job and cannot procrastinate anymore type of way. While it might be scary it is also super exciting to start a new chapter.
Things are finally starting to settle down around here, I headed back to Farmville yesterday afternoon to finish out the semester as Spring Break is officially over. Even though the circumstances weren't ideal it was nice to be home for awhile and even nicer to have my Dad there.
My phone was starting to overflow with pictures and I have been seeing a "storage full" notification for the past week. So here is what life has consisted off recently!
_________________________
Three weeks ago I headed up to Bryce with Izzy and her family where they have a condo for the weekend, it was such a good time as it always it with them. It was somewhat of a much needed little get away and they're always so gracious. While it was 70 degrees outside we still enjoyed ourselves and I was sad to return to face reality.

G Bae officially became an initiated sister of Sigma Kappa two weeks ago and I'm so proud! As my journey is Sigma Kappa comes to an end another one is beginning and it makes my heart happy.
A couple of randoms but some of my very favorite people.
The past week has given us some amazing weather and it looks as if winter is headed out of here. I'm talking 70s and 80s, windows open type of days. It has been amazing and so overdue, I'm ready for some permanent sunshine and pack away winter clothes for good.
Izzy and I hit up our normal dinner spot, Shyndigz one evening. I had to use self restraint to not go again before I returned to school. Of course we went on "Ladies Night", buy two desserts get one free. I wish we never discovered this place, too addicting.
After eating the cake mentioned above and trying my best to stick to my 10K training routine while home I stumbled across this fellow gym goer. It was a good laugh and a lesson as you should always keep your backpack on your person at all times.
These are the kind of things that go on in the Johnston household on a regular basis expect I'm usually the one that is being forced to do such tasks. I guess they were being resourceful? Slash my Dad is extremely scared of heights so I'm sure the conversation while this was occurring was as good as what I witnessed from the window.
Miss America and I hit up the park one afternoon when the weather was once again too gorgeous to pass up. This girl loves a car ride and the windows down almost as much as I do.
Saint Gertrude has their 65th annual Song Contest Friday evening.
If you know me or anything about SGHS you know we live and breath Song Contest season, it is competition at its finest. If you ever want to see a bunch of high school girls get really emotional/angry/happy/sad/excited at the same exact time well this is the event to attend. How I miss these days, months of hours of practicing for this one night. It was always so worth it even though we never won and my family knows to never bring it up.
And lastly, today is my Mom's 52nd birthday. Oh how we miss her more every day.
Happy Birthday Momma!
Happy Birthday Momma!
xo





No comments:
Post a Comment