It is Monday. Well it was Monday when I started this. It is now Tuesday.
While it is only Monday Tuesday I'm currently running off of around 5 hours of sleep and Friday seems a little too far in the distance for my liking.
And it is February, where did January go?
We got snow last week and I mean a lot of it, this was the most snow I've seen around here in awhile and enough where you couldn't go anywhere. I would say that we ended up getting around 10-12 inches after it was all said and done. While I'm not much of a snow fan it was actually pretty nice to have a few days to just relax and not have to be anywhere. It ended up being a nice 5 day weekend but I was ready to get back to a routine towards the end, things got pretty stir crazy around here.
This is what our parking lot looked like for days. I'm sure you can hear the enthusiasm in my voice.
I received some awesome big/little letters from my Little last weekend and I'm obsessed. They're perfect and I was so surprised.
I'm so proud of you Little and I can't wait to watch you become a Big this week!
And it is February, where did January go?
We got snow last week and I mean a lot of it, this was the most snow I've seen around here in awhile and enough where you couldn't go anywhere. I would say that we ended up getting around 10-12 inches after it was all said and done. While I'm not much of a snow fan it was actually pretty nice to have a few days to just relax and not have to be anywhere. It ended up being a nice 5 day weekend but I was ready to get back to a routine towards the end, things got pretty stir crazy around here.
This is what our parking lot looked like for days. I'm sure you can hear the enthusiasm in my voice.
I received some awesome big/little letters from my Little last weekend and I'm obsessed. They're perfect and I was so surprised.
I'm so proud of you Little and I can't wait to watch you become a Big this week!
We have lovely neighbors. We got a good laugh out of this.
A daily Millie-B update from my Dad, who I think is completely tired of me FaceTiming him to see a dog.
She is getting so big and it makes me sad that I'm missing it! Try and tell me that you don't want to snuggle that precious face.
We kind of live for Thursday nights around here and I think that this is an accurate representation of last week as a whole.
When townies want to take pictures at 202 you're obviously not going to say no.
Greek Awards with these fools.
Our weekend might have consisted of campus wide bingo.
I headed home for the day on Saturday and returned to a little chaos.
A lovely leak in our apartment. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as a leak rather a small flood but to each is own.
It started as a small spot in the ceiling which then progressed in under an hour to this weird bubble. It was just an odd situation all together, water was flowing out of it like a shower at one point.
Our neighbors upstairs ended up having a bad "overflow gasket", whatever that is. All their water ended up in our apartment which lead to our lovely Sunday evening spent in Farmville's own Hampton Inn.
This picture really doesn't do the amount of water justice, trust me.
We rallied and made it through, even though I'm pretty sure that we were practically delirious at 2:30 in the morning as there was talks of why the hotel pool wasn't open.
It is my 4th year here in Farmville and at Longwood and I finally made my first trip to High Bridge yesterday, I've been on the trail before but had never actually gone to the bridge itself. It is worth the haul, it was beautiful and a perfect 70 degree day.
My inspirational quote of the week:
"Instead of burning bridges you should cross them instead".
Last but not least Happy Birthday Debs!!
I hope you have had a wonderful day filled with everything that you love!! I couldn't ask for a better sister neighbor!






No comments:
Post a Comment