Monday, December 14, 2015

Garden Fest of Lights

Christmas is in full swing around here, even though it is 70 degrees outside. It is hard to get in the spirit when you are wearing shorts but I'm not complaining. I can do without the 30 degree temperatures and snow. We actually celebrated on my Dad's side of the family yesterday and spent the majority of the day outside. It's always nice to have everyone home even if it is just for a few days. 

In the honor of the Christmas season it has become somewhat of a tradition to head to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens each year. They put on their annual Garden Fest of Lights and it never disappoints. I've been going since I was a little kid, I remember my Mom's parents taking me in elementary school every year. It is a tradition that we have continued and I look forward to it each year.

I persuaded Izzy to go with me this year as she is fairly new to Richmond and had never been. The seasonably mild December temperatures made it rather pleasant this year, as I remember freezing my tail off last year. It didn't disappoint and it was fun to go with someone that had never been!

Until next year!










Flowers made of recycled water bottles




They have some of the most beautiful trees but everyone wants a picture in front of them with all of their kids so this is all that I managed to get!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment