Sunday, May 3, 2015

Wrapping Up

I intended on this being a thought out post, wrapping up the school year/ reflecting on the past year. As usual exams came and school ended much quicker than expected. The last two weeks always go by so fast, don't get me wrong they are usually the two most stressful weeks of the year but in the blink of an eye they are over. Anyways, during those two weeks some fun things have happened around here. I guess I need to play a little catch up before I get into anything summer related. 

Allergies arrived in Farmville full swing this year, I usually don't have too many problems but it was different this time around. Pollen covered everything, I actually washed my car twice in one weekend and then decided it wasn't worth it. While the trees were beautiful I was happy to see a few good rains come through.

 

We said goodbye to our Seniors, one with a pretty special place in my heart. Isabelle went alum and we are so so proud of her! We will all miss her dearly but know she will be back. Kennedy and I gave her a paddle during one of our last meetings. 


My Little is a member of Longwood Company of Dance and had a recital the last weekend of the semester. In my 3 years I had never been to one of the dance company's shows but it was so much more than I expected. So proud of you Little, you are so talented and I cannot wait for next years!


 An impromptu Sigma Kappa photo shoot on a random Wednesday is what I live for.


The CHI Burning, the ceremony revealing the Senior members of CHI. In my opinion it is the best Longwood tradition ever. More on that later! 


Passdowns. I've waited for this sweatshirt, it has belonged to some of my very favorite people and I'm so honored to have it. I might be slightly attached and I might have worn it in 80 degree weather today. 


I've come to terms with the fact that I had to make 3 trips home just to move out and I've accumulated a lot of junk over 9 months. It was slightly ridiculous and I ended up throwing a lot of crap I had never used out, good feeling for sure.


We all need a little luck during finals week and Princep's Crowns around campus do just that. I'm a little superstitious and fall into the trap of things like this. Okay I'm really superstitious and 100% believe that those crowns helped me through a pretty stressful week!


All in all it was a pretty great end to a wonderful year. It is hard to believe that I am a senior in college, I feel like I was just moving into ECU (cue the tears). The goodbyes are always hard, cue more tears but it has been a great ride so far and I honestly cannot wait for next year to begin. I'm also a ready for a wonderful summer!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment