Sunday, April 19, 2015

this&that

One more week until Summer and I'm finally free for a little while! Thank the lord above, I've never been so ready for some sunshine in my life. I'm counting down the days until I get on the plane. Even though I know I'll be back to the real world before I know it. While I daydream about sunshine and being near the water I'm constantly reminding myself to come back to reality just for a little longer. 

Molly had a birthday this week, one that she has been reminding us about for quite awhile!! It gave me an excuse to use all of the embarrassing pictures I have of her stock piled on my phone. Love you Muff, I'm so thankful for you everyday. Cannot wait to be neighbors!


The last CHI walk of the year was this week, the burning will be on Wednesday. I get a little too excited over this, it is definitely my favorite Longwood event of the year. It is definitely built up and it never disappoints, they read commendations for students and faculty throughout the burn.  It really reminds you what a close knit community we are and it makes me so thankful to go here.




I headed home on Friday to take my first load of junk back. I'm always surprised by how much crap I own/don't use, I really need to take a trip to Goodwill soon. Every single year I say that I'm not going to take nearly as much stuff to school but it never happens. Sadly I usually start taking stuff home in April so it isn't too overwhelming come May.

It was a quiet/wet weekend spent unpacking, running some errands, and spending a little with my Grandpa. We went to church and had a little Panera. I love anytime that I can get with him, he is a pretty special guy.


I started reading The Girl on the Train this weekend and it is so good. I'm almost done with it and I'm kind of sad, it was really similar to Gone Girl which I also loved. It was nice to be able to actually read something that I chose and or enjoy, that is one thing that I adore about summer. I could read my life away by a pool. I'm ready for more days spent relaxing on the porch.


I lavalierred Amy tonight and it was a success, well at least I think she was surprised. She had a rough week with one too many things due, Sigma Kappa stuff, and a big dance show coming up. I'm pretty proud and am so lucky to have such a fabulous Little!


Someone sent this to me recently and it really made me think. We often spend too much time worrying about what others think instead of making ourselves happy.

A new week a new outlook!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment