Sunday, May 17, 2015

StayCation 2015

I came to Houston literally the day after school let out, like boarded the plane less than 12 hours later and am here for another week. In all honestly it has been really nice to get away for a little while. I've been able to sleep in and just relax, I didn't realize how tired I was until I slept until 10 o'clock the entire first week. I'll be back to reality pretty soon, starting up online summer classes on the 27th and heading home at the end of this week.

While it is so nice to have some relaxation and (some) sunshine in my life, I have to admit that I do miss Longwood and the oh so charming town of Farmville, it definitely holds a little piece of my heart.


The majority of my trip has consisted of rain and clouds (that my Dad insists I brought with me) but I have snuck in a few days of sun here and there. If you know me you know I live for sunshine, summer time is meant to be spent by the water soaking up some rays. Lets hope my last few days are filled with sunshine!


There are some rather upset loyal ice cream customers here in Texas. If you have never had Blue Bell you are missing out, big time. It is the BEST ice cream out there and comes in gallon size containers in any flavor you could imagine. They are based out of Brehnem, Texas which is about 90 minutes away. They have been shut down for a little while due to a listeria outbreak and these notices are posted all over the grocery stores.


I'm missing my girls big time and cannot wait to see them both. There is nothing like coming home after a trip to your pups. Unconditional love for sure.



I've been a loyal Nike wearer for some time now, specifically Nike Frees. So comfy, lightweight, and easy to clean.  I've had some foot trouble recently resulting in visits to a couple podiatrists, one being in Farmville (that was an experience in itself and about 5 hours of my life that I will never get back). My second opinion who was wonderful who told me that Nikes are the worst sneakers you could wear and to throw them in the trash immediately. I upgraded to some Mizunos this week and the difference in support is incredible! Very happy with them and rather surprised on what a difference there is between the two.


 We have a really bad habit of celebrating birthdays early in my family/ really early, last night we went and saw Dave Matthews for my Dad's which isn't until June 14th. Oh well, I won't be in town to celebrate on the actual day anyways. Neither of us had seen him before so we were pretty excited. Thankfully the rain held out on us and the temperature couldn't have been more perfect, in the low 70s. To say it was pretty packed would be an understatement, it was definitely a crowd but it didn't disappoint. A really good show filled with some great DMB classics and some awesome covers.


I'm slightly obsessed with the iPhone panoramic feature
It isn't really a concert if you don't get the tour t-shirt.


 Here is to some sunshine during this last week and the countdown begins until we see Kenny Chesney on Friday for my birthday! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment