I flew back home to Richmond this morning, I always forget how exhausting traveling is even if you aren't going that far.
It is always hard to leave but it always nice to get home at the same time. This trip to Houston was probably one of my most enjoyable, my Dad and I got in some good road trips and some great quality time. Which is exactly what I needed after ending the semester.
I took a late night flight into Houston on Sunday and we left for San Antonio early the next morning. Neither of us had been to San Antonio for a few years and have been wanting to go back and this was the perfect opportunity.
Once we finally made it, checked into our hotel, and got something to eat we decided to walk around the River Walk and go see the Alamo.
My Dad and I had both previously seen the Alamo but it is definitely something that you should revisit if given the opportunity. They had some really cool exhibits and some neat traveling things on display. Surprisingly it was one of my favorite stops!
After crossing all of our super "touristy" things off of our list we headed back to the hotel to get showered and ready for dinner. My Dad has made a previous reservation for a dinner cruise, I'm not going to lie I wasn't too excited about it. Eating on a boat with birds and strangers just wasn't too appealing but I was SO wrong. It was amazing.
It was food from a fabulous restaurant on the River Walk called Boudros and it was fabulous. Not only was the food great but we lucked out and got a great group of fellow cruise goers.
They gave us drinks and apps including freshly made guacamole and salsa after we placed our orders while we cruised along for a little tour.
It was a fantastic trip that was way too short and definitely hard to leave but heading to San Marcos outlets definitely made it a little easier. I mean who knew that Lululemon had outlet stores?!
After we spent way too much time shopping we decided that we would continue up the road to Austin. I had never been there before and we figured that we could get some lunch and a look at University of Texas.
To say that the campus was gorgeous would be an understatement and I would be lying if I said that it wasn't on my list of potential grad schools.
We made a pit stop at Food Network's famous Franklin's BBQ, which did everything BUT disappoint and then we headed on back to Houston.
Sorry that this was such a long post but I didn't want to leave any detail of such a great trip out!
xo

































No comments:
Post a Comment