Thursday, February 14, 2013

In a Rut

I've never really liked February.
And if we are being honest March either.
They are such a tease, you have days in the seventies and then days in the thirties.
I need warmth, I'm dying to bring out my shorts and Jacks.
I'm a summer girl. 
It runs through my blood.

I'm ready for Spring Break. 
Just to have a week at home with nothing to do.
That is exactly what this girl needs right now.
I have been so super stressed out lately to the point that it has been pathetic.
I stress about everything to the point of stressing about stupid things.
Like whether or not they will have the creamy salad dressing.
I know, it is sad.
I'm working on it though, small steps.

Lent has arrived.
I struggle with this every single year.
I never know what to give up.
This year I tried Diet Coke.
Key word is tried, I lasted about twelve hours and decided it was a necessity for me to succeed.
That is another problem I need to work on.
So this season of Lent it was decided that I will work on myself.
Stress less, drink less Diet Coke, and just enjoy the current moment.

I've missed my little girl a lot lately.
She might be a handful at times but she reminds me to be thankful.


Twas the night before Lent.
This is what I thought would be my last drink.


When I am having a bad day I look at the funnies on Pinterest.
There were multiple of these and they had me rolling.
I mean tears streaming down my face laughing so hard.



This sweet boy always gives me a little pick me up when I am feeling down.


We went to Sweet Frog, a frozen yogurt place to get in the Valentines Day spirit.


I got an early Valentines surprise last week!
They are perfect and I love every aspect about them.
I don't really plan on ever taking them off either!


As you all know I love myself a good care package.
They just make everything better and I don't think people that aren't in college understand.
You miss home, everyone does and most people miss it a lot.
And something from the people you love makes such a difference.

The Derr family was so good to me this summer, something that I cannot thank them enough for.
Not only is Jordan a fabulous friend but her parents are pretty great too!
I got a surprise package today from Laahdy!
It made my day! 
She knows that these are my weakness.
Thank you Laahdy!! Hope Mr. Laahdy was good to you today!!
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment