Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Christmas Wrap Up

Well its been pretty quiet on here lately. 
I'm feeling a little guilty.
Don't worry I have plenty of pictures to make up for my absence.

Christmas has come and gone.
Literally in the blink of an eye December was over.
From baking cookies, to tree decorating, to family time, it was all good. 
The holidays were rough this year but I made it.
Old traditions continued and new traditions started.
Ones for which I am thankful for.

December began with a baking fest as mentioned before.
Sadly Peggy has since gone home to Seattle.
Sniffle. 

Rocky Road Cookies

Peppermint Oreo Truffles

Short Bread Cookies

Turtles

Teddy Bear Sugar Cookies..hehe
A little tree decorating.
The tree is always my favorite part but I never tend to participate.
My Mom always liked the tree a specific way and that was her way.
Typical Nancy.
But this year I got to help a little.
Well the Marchetti's made me and I really enjoyed it!
I also found that I absolutely love the smell of a live tree, I've always had an artificial one.

Nana and Papa's Tree


The Marchetti's LIVE Tree
My Dad came into Richmond on the 19th and spent the week at home. 
It was so good to have him here, but the visits are never long enough.
This is a hint to move closer, I know that you read this occasionally. 

Johnston family Christmas was celebrated a couple days early due to my Dad's early departure.
It was a great relaxed day full of family and food.
Just the way it should be.
We ate, chatted, and took our traditional walk after dinner.

Christmas Eve was spent with my Mom's side of the family.
Peggy and I cooked all day.
We attended Mass at five o'clock and then came home to feast.


Love them so much

Christmas day was spent with the Marchettis.
I had to take my Dad to the airport at a very early three a.m. 
It was literally the most perfect day.
While I missed my closest family members that I couldn't spend the day with for various reasons the Marchettis made it very special.
I mean I got my very own candy jar!
More to come on that later.

Miss A got the first present!




Skype 

Missed y'all!




Christmas evening with did the family rounds. 
Hitting up the Hanky and Marchetti sides.
It was a great holiday and I'm extremely thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life.

Plus I got pretty awesome presents!
Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment