6 years ago today we lost my Mom.
That is 2190 days, that is a lot of days.
We lost her to a nasty disease, something that still makes me angry but something that also has struck up a passion inside of me. Something to educate and a passion to share our story, even if it only helps one person.
Somedays it feels like forever but often it feels like yesterday.
I can still hear her laughing in the background or signing along in the car and it never fails to bring a smile to my face.
I find myself going back and forth each year on what to do on this anniversary and honestly what not to do. Over the years I feel like we have made the decision to try to celebrate her life and who my Mom was rather than dwell on it but it is often easier said than done.
Today is hard, as each year is. I find myself thinking back on the past year and walking through all of the moments that we wish she would have been there for, I have to remind myself that she had the best view of it all.
If anything, hug your people a little tighter today, tell them that you love them, and remember each day is truly a gift. As each year passes we miss her more each day.
Yesterday we released 6 yellow balloons, a tradition that we have kept thus far. Yellow, her favorite color and in honor of suicide awareness.






I miss your Mom. Such a good friend to me. Always helped me out anyway possible. This disease has affected so many of my loved ones. I've seen it destroy lives. You are wise beyond and wilk always have a Special Place in my Heart!!!
ReplyDelete