Life man.
Things have been more than great in my world recently and I honestly don't think I could be much happier. Everyone is happy/healthy, I'm moving this week, my Dad arrived in Richmond tonight, I'm loving work more each day, and the temperatures are rising.
But (there is always a but) sometimes life throws you some curve balls and you've gotta just roll with the punches. That hasn't always been my strong suit but I'm often reminding myself that things I'm not faced with things that I cannot handle. Life isn't all peaches and cream, sometimes you have to have awkward conversations, make choices on a whim, and put yourself first.
I wouldn't say this post has any sort of real direction, it is much more
of a "I need to get some of these random pictures off of my phone" or
I'm never going to mention them type of thing.
Farmville sunsets, I know I mention these frequently but they are a real thing and one of my favorite things about that little town.
I think that this was from my last trip down and the timing was just right.
I also accumulated a lot of t-shirts during my time in Farmville, literally everytime I turned around it was $12 for this t-shirt and god forbid $20 for a long sleeve.
I ended up giving the majority of mine away before I left, only keeping a handful that were special. Well, they were taking up a lot of space, they weren't being worn, and some just weren't in very good condition.
I had thought about getting a quilt made for awhile and just hadn't done it but finally bit the bullet. I went with Project Repat and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. You pick the shirts you want to use and simply ship them off, the hardest part was cutting them up yourself but it was a lot cheaper to only send the side you actually wanted.
The entire process only took around 15 days from the time I shipped the shirts to receiving my quilt that was finished, I would highly recommend to anyone that is thinking about it!
Days like below give me hope, this was a Sunday with 80 degree temperatures so I watched Netlfix on the front porch and it was a glorious 3 hours.
I'm ready for 80 degrees to come and stick around, it doesn't get much better. We have had such a mild winter with only one small snow that I really cannot complain, especially compared to last year.
I think that this picture was taken the same day as the one above, the same beautiful Sunday. I headed home for family dinner with my Poppy. Sometimes you just have to go home for dinner, it brings you back to your roots, reminds you of what is important, and I just love it. I also love that it gives me a chance to escape the city for a little while even though it is only 20 minutes up the road.
I love that I'll have memories of eating dinner with my Grandpa on Sunday and talking about stupid stuff that happened during the week.
Priceless if you ask me.
Speaking of Poppy, he went to Mardi Gras this week and I had the pleasure of house sitting. He is 85 and way cooler than me, he also reminds me that he has always been cool que the picture below. If you ever meet him his stories of his time at Paris Island are the best.
I went a little lighter.
I have dark brown hair and it is curly. So why not make it the complete opposite of what it is supposed to be in all ways. I'm liking it, it is a nice change and I think that I will be happy with it for the summer time.
Last Thursday marked a year since my Mimi passed away and it is so hard to believe. I honestly cannot grasp that fact that I haven't talked to her in a year, I still walk in the house and expect her to be there sometimes. I miss her, I miss her laugh, and I miss having someone call me Princess at all times.
Mimi started writing to me as soon as she found out that my Mom and Dad were pregnant and she kept this up until I turned 18. I have 5 composition notebooks filled with entries and they read exactly how she spoke. I was packing up some of my things that were still at my Grandparents this past week and came across these and they are so very special, it is such a fun tradition and one that I hope to carry on someday.
And last but not least.
Happy (belated) Birthday Longwood! Thank you for giving me the best 4 years of my life, making me appreciate the little things, giving me the most amazing friends I could ever ask for, bar nights on Thursday, Saturday karaoke, 202 in general, and of course El Patron white sauce & margaritas.
You'll always hold a special place in my heart.
xo
Cheers to procrastinating on packing up the rest of my belongings!











No comments:
Post a Comment